LegacyGT.com

BDII's perfect Sangria

BDII

For those of who don't know me... I drink red wine, lot's of it.

Merlot, cabs, shiraz, spanish (rioja)....

Anyway....

I know that redwine is not always the maniliest of drinks and god forbid you look like a homo (GWIM) in front of your friends at a BBQ. If your buddies start hassling you about your drink let them try a sip... trust me, it's good :)

So here it goes.... this will surely impress (at least) your wife.

What you need:

1. Three Oranges, fresh, baseball size, uncut.

2. Three Green apples, fresh, uncut.

3. Canned or fresh Pinepaple (cubed/strained well if canned)

4. Ice, lots of it.

5. BIG , I mean BIG red wine glasses/goblets or if you're ghetto beer pong cups :lol:

6. Boxed Sangria (if you're lazy) or 1500 ml bottle of Dry Spanish red wine or a cheap Merlot(I prefer Marques de Caceres, albeit expensive)

7. A bottle of rum, spiced is best, i'd stay away from clear. This adds manlyness to the mix, therefore keeping your sense of dominance.

8. NO PULP!! orange juice

Taste is subjective.... so i'd pour a small amount of wine (let it breathe) and slowly add rum to your liking. You want it to remain a little dry, as you will be adding fruit!

next... add in the OJ to your liking (No more then 4 cups).

Take the goblet/glass/cup that you plan on using and add the fruit first!!

FRUIT FIRST!! Cut teh apples and oranges into wedges and the pineapple into chunks, add it, then add Ice. It helps to keep the fruit at the bottom.

Next, add mixture.

The fruit will absorb the alcohol and make for nice drunk treat at the bottom of the glass.

WARNING: Drinking of this concoxtion may cause you to do stupid ass things like pass out in the hot sun, tell your buddies wife she has a nice ass, hit on your neighbors underage daughter or worse.... you might become addicted like I am.

Enjoy Responsibly!

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

Guest JessterCPA

Thanks for the writeup.

My usual sangria uses Beringer White Zinfandel, a couple bottles or Pellegrino, Peaches, Oranges, and Apples. Some Grand Marnier, a few scoops of sugar and lots of ice.

Guest JessterCPA

I may skip the rum though. I'm not too keen on the hard alcohol flavor, so even on my setup I don't add too much.

Thanks.

I do similar except I soak the fruit in Contreau/Grand Marnier/Triple Sec for extra kick and sometimes add simple syrup or 7-up - all depends on the crowd and qty needed.

We made some nice white wine punch last year after finding a case of wine we thought we liked was a bit dry - just add fruit and liquor and it is great!

I use nearly the same recipe for white (very simple, dry, clean white - lots of Italian & Spanish whites) as red - swap the reds, bit less citrus and more soft stone fruits like peaches & nectarine, swap in calvados and or quality shnappes if you like.

Great summer time option and even easier to drink than red. :p

any good recipes for white wine sangria

I use nearly the same recipe for white (very simple, dry, clean white - lots of Italian & Spanish whites) as red - swap the reds, bit less citrus and more soft stone fruits like peaches & nectarine, swap in calvados and or quality shnappes if you like.

Great summer time option and even easier to drink than red. :p

:)

That sounds REALLY good

thank you!

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

Archived