LegacyGT.com

My EJ22 runs rough (like an ocassional missfire)

Paul V

I was wondering if anyone has an idea of some possible reasons my 93' EJ 22 non turbo idles rough (shacks ocasionally like a misfire) it shacks more when it is hot than when it is cold. Items tried to remedy problem. Spark plugs are new, Spark plug leads seem to measure ok, Fuel injectors have just been cleaned , Air filter is new, Fuel filter is new, If anyone has any ideas they would be greatly appreciated over here in Australia Cheers Paul V

I realise now its not just rough at idle but also at higher rpms apart from this shaking its seems to running and driving ok , but it does seem to hold back a little when i put my foot on the gas (not sure if this is related or not)

Do you get a check engine light? The only other problem is the coil pack, but they rarely go. You could try to gte one from a junk yard. If you do, try to get the one that says 'diamond' on the label as its a slightly better coil. I think only manuals or something had them. Are you sure the wires are fine? It totally sounds like the wires. Untill I got Magnecors I would go through a set every year or so. Steve

Thanks for the tip about the wires steve i have some magnecores from another car i can try temporarily (they are very good wires as i noticed with my last car!) out of interest how much did you pay for your wires in us dollars? the reason i ask is over here in auz some parts are very over expensive when i compare it to the us price. did you go 8 9 or 10mm? thanks again Paul Sydney , Australia

Archived