LegacyGT.com

2008 Legacy Rain Guards

Cant really include a part number, most of the documentation for this is gone, but its really simple. Call up your local canadian tire and they will get it to you. For the people in the states, I encountered a lady who had ones similar to these on her legacy, she said that she got them from a private car shop. Thats probably no help, but its a start. I mean 80 bucks kills 200 + shipping and border fees for us canucks. PS I just got my short shifter and UPS is charging me 60 bucks for "border fees" and Canada 26 bucks for "taxes"..... I thought used items were excluded for taxes...and I called UPS and told them that I would do the border work myself...save the 60 bucks....They R teh a55holes.

Any time you can you should have small items shipped by USPS. I even had my STI springs shipped by USPS to me in Canada. Some items will not go by USPS, like very long items or very heavy items.

The part # on Canadian Tire dot com is Product #41-4815-0

but then it says it is for sale in-store only. I imagine you would then specify the vehicle when ordering in-store.

That and also put down a 20 buck deposit and get a special slip for it, i guess thats too hard to do online.

Product #41-4815-0 may not be the right part number. I have the guy from Crappy Tire trying to order Legacy specific fitment window vent visors right now, but I'm not holding my breath. They do not have a very orderly system for ordering auto parts.

• 4 months later...

Does anyone have an idea where to get these in the states. I mean yes i see them for 200 dollars but sorry i really cant go for them right now. I dont mind going for 70-80 max but thats it. Someone needs to see the possibility here to make some money. if you find a place that sells them ask them what they will charge if you order more then one. If they charge example 70 bucks charge others 80 plus shipping to make up for gas and some snacks when you are getting gas, HAHA I cant find them at all. I have been searching for some time now.

Any help!!:spin:

Product #41-4815-0 may not be the right part number. I have the guy from Crappy Tire trying to order Legacy specific fitment window vent visors right now, but I'm not holding my breath. They do not have a very orderly system for ordering auto parts.

Crappy Tire couldn't get these for me. They suck.

From another thread on window visors I found part number 94356, Ventvisor. I gave this p/n to Lordco over the phone and they ordered them for me. Price was something under $60. Delivery in 3 to 6 weeks due to them being on back order. I'll let you know how they turn out, but this looks like the ones I wanted to get.

"subaru dealers" told me that they never sold rainguards for our cars :p

Canadian Subaru dealers said there was no such thing as a rock guard / hood deflector for turbo Legacies. So I ignored them and bought the turbo specific hood deflector from the USA.

Crappy Tire couldn't get these for me. They suck.

From another thread on window visors I found part number 94356, Ventvisor. I gave this p/n to Lordco over the phone and they ordered them for me. Price was something under $60. Delivery in 3 to 6 weeks due to them being on back order. I'll let you know how they turn out, but this looks like the ones I wanted to get.

I cancelled the Lordco order and instead I'm buying the same thing from a local Vancouver LGT member. However, his are apparently the Subaru USDM re-branded ventvisors, but should be the same thing. I'll let you know. I pick them up tonight but I probably won't have time to put them on until next week.

New member here. After calling numerous dealers here in the GTA and having been told they do not carry rain visors.....here is the Subaru part number E3610AG010 (for the Legacy wagon). Subaru canada has them in stock for $189. The vent visors from Lund are $79 from action truck and van world. Wish someone could tell me which ones create less wind noise. Hope this helps someone.

I haven't put my new visors on yet. I'll let you know how they do on wind noise. I was driving on the highway today and experienced the typical window wind noise that comes with high speed driving. It will be interesting if these do anything to change it.

i have tried the JDMs and the US models from lund; they both look alright but the functionality of the rain guard or vent visor ,whatever you want to call it, just plain sux!

I dont see the point in spending over 200$ on the JDM or under 100 on the US versions when you can only open the window not even an inch without getting rain in. The problem with the vent visors is actually not the visors it's the doors to the legacy that does not have a frame around the window. if we had a frame around the window we would be able to stick the visor on and actually have some air come into the car when it is raining.

Not having rain guards drives me crazy because when i smoke with the window open in the rain i get socked!

i have tried the JDMs and the US models from lund; they both look alright but the functionality of the rain guard or vent visor ,whatever you want to call it, just plain sux!

I dont see the point in spending over 200$ on the JDM or under 100 on the US versions when you can only open the window not even an inch without getting rain in. The problem with the vent visors is actually not the visors it's the doors to the legacy that does not have a frame around the window. if we had a frame around the window we would be able to stick the visor on and actually have some air come into the car when it is raining.

Not having rain guards drives me crazy because when i smoke with the window open in the rain i get socked!

You can try not smoking in your nice, new car or....not smoke when it rains :confused:

I could but i probably wouldn't last ten minutes w/o lighting up!

mb u can try not to breath either!

Haha man thats terrible. I am lucky enough to have gotten used to not smoking in cars...I just smoke too much in other places :redface:

As a smoker....even an inch is better than window closed when I'm smoking. Certainly not perfect, but better than nothing. Without the visor, you can't crack the window at all without getting soaked. The 2010 Legacies wil have windows with frames...so $30,000 will fix your problem.

• 4 months later...

Archived