LegacyGT.com

Short Ram intake w/ AP

Kaptan

For those with the AP - Are any of you using a Perrin Short Ram intake? I spoke to COBB and they said that they do not reccomend using an intake as the air flow is inconsistent. Anyone having any hesitation? Is there anyway to monitor if your engine is running too lean?

actually i have the short ram, and waiting for my dp, once i get it, i will have the dp up and catback along with the perrin short ram, i will install the ap once i have those parts in my car, since the ap is sitting here on my shelf in my bedroom. If i am the first to try it with the perrin short ram, ill let you know.

before when you hit the pedal you could feel the studdering, now when you do it you hear the intake sucking air and it sounds like its missing a little. I figured it was the studdering. I'm thinking of ordering the AP in hopes that it will make the car run smoother. Not crazy about dropping 650 bucks because i wanted an exhaust, although i'd rather have the car run right.

Well i just ordered my AP from hotsubaru.com. I hope it does the trick(studdering). I just have my intake and won't be getting my exhaust for a while so can i just keep it on stage 1 91 octane and leave it there or do you have to update it every so often?

Archived