LegacyGT.com

Wagon audio only!!! pics

CapeStylz

here's a link to a video of my wagon at a local stereo comp a few weeks ago. my 2 friends and i cleaned up with 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. i placed 3rd with 147.8 db but that was with no preparation and the tone CD was skipping, lol.

World wide stereo comp :: (hollatchaboy) Chris' demos and runs remix by flexxissues - Photobucket

hollatchaboy, ever heard of roomEqWizard?

I started a thread about it a while ago. You could use that (using a computer instead of a CD to generate your tone for competition)

The advantage of that would be you can pick the exact frequency where your car is the loudest, and there will never be skipping.

hollatchaboy, ever heard of roomEqWizard?

I started a thread about it a while ago. You could use that (using a computer instead of a CD to generate your tone for competition)

The advantage of that would be you can pick the exact frequency where your car is the loudest, and there will never be skipping.

haven't played with roomEqWizard, but i did have a ton of test tones and sine sweeps on my computer before which i would just throw on my ipod, but i didnt even think about it prior to the comp. i had NO idea my friend's tone CD was that scratched up, haha.

my car isn't even really for dbdrag since the wall is tuned to 28hz. it's just a ridiculously loud musical system. playing music at 147-148db and hearing the highs clearly was quite the challenge, haha.

thanks for the tip, though... i do appreciate it.

No prob.

I typically use roomEqWizard with a mic to do RTA of my system on the cheap. It'll do a sweep and record levels, so you can get an idea of where the holes in your sound are, should you be going for SQ.

I just think the tone generator is fun to play with. Hope it's useful!

• 2 months later...

Archived