LegacyGT.com

those of you with N/A's, where'd you get your 2.5" diameter exhaust

krzemienr

I'm looking for a cat-back for my 06 2.5i and all i'm finding is 3" diameter exhausts, that's too big for my NA motor, so I'm trying to find a 2.5" iinch diameter, if anyone knows which kit is that diameter please let me know. Thanks for your help

rafal

2.5" is ultimately too big for the 2.5L N/A motors, from my 2.5RS days I recall nobody seeing performance gains with anything larger than 2.25"

If you really want a 2.5", I would think you could just get a GT catback and have it modified to fit. I think it's 2.5" anyhow.

What's the diameter of the stock 2.5i exhaust? I'm gonna guess it's 2.25" or close from the headers to the Y. Could just get the axleback welded up.

that's a good point, i tried searching for a stock diameter with no results, but it does look close....

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

I got my piping done cutsom to 2.5 inches. But I also only have a single exhaust, dumped the dual exhaust. Are you saying you want to keep your dual exhaust and go to 2.5 inches on the Y pipes? I don't think theres any ready made cat-back system thats 2.5 inches specifically designed for the 2.5i. That would be a harrrrrd thing to find out there haha. There have been people that have used the Y pipes designed for LGT's, but I dont know much about how that would work and just went custom.

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71549

Here's an old thread I made on the topic, complete with pictures from underneath. Hopefully this helps out.

Archived