LegacyGT.com

Is this normal?

I've had my wagon for a month now and didn't notice this until yesterday. Please see the pic:

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o105/silver330ciman/IMG_0059.jpg

The gap between the body and the trunk hatch seem to increase toward the bottom of the car. Is this the way everyone's trunk sits? I can't picture this being this way from the factory...

That looks wrong...

Did you buy it used? It sure looks like the result of an accident.

A slight difference is normal, but that much... - :nono:

As a picture of my car reveals (huge picture):

http://www.bedug.com/pics/DSC_0845B.JPG

453747.png

No, that's not normal. It does look like it could be accident dammage. I hope that's not the case. I know this is a stupid question but have you tried opening and reclosing it? Does it seem to function properly?

It functions perfectly fine. This is an 05 I bought used with clean carfax and seemingly honest owner... I'm thinking about taking it to a body shop to see if they could just adjust the hinges or something to fit together a bit better...

That looks wrong...

Did you buy it used? It sure looks like the result of an accident.

A slight difference is normal, but that much... - :nono:

As a picture of my car reveals (huge picture):

Wow, looking at your picture my trunk just looks awful...I wonder if it even seals the rain. Funny thing is, the trim pieces from the trunk and the rest of the car look mismatched. You can even see that in my picture...I can't believe I overlooked this thing when I got the car. :mad:

I may be totally wrong, but wasn't there a recall on the early '05 wagon models for something like this? Trunk lid on the wagon not closing right, I think the latch was changed in production. I could be hallucinating on too much bratwurst, but this sounds familiar...

I have 27000 miles on the car. I'll give the dealer a buzz. Thanks!

Just notice that it's possible that if there was an accident it may not have been registered if the insurance was unused. It sometimes happens to avoid other more prying questions from police and insurance companies (drunk drivers etc) - in which case a cheap workshop may have been involved and a wad of money under the table. So it may not show up in carfax or somewhere else...

453747.png

Archived