LegacyGT.com

How to remove door-handle cover on '98 Outback?

Stang70Fastback

I've got a terribly loud rattle that emanates from behind the door handle/window switches on the driver's side door of my car whenever I come to a stop. It sounds like a screw needs to be tightened. But I don't know how to get that cover off! Can someone please explain to me how to do it? There's one screw behind the lever you pull to open the door, but that's it, and it doesn't seem to loosen anything at all. I'm afraid to break something by just trying to pull the cover off.

EDIT: I realize now that I'm going to have to take off the entire door trim to get to what I want to reach. I see the three screws I have to remove to do this, but I am wondering if this is something that is going to be very difficult, or that is going to come apart once I get it off and I won't be able to put it back on. I know next to nothing about working on cars, and I'm afraid that once I get it off I'll never get it back on. Is there anything I should be worried about? Or will it stay intact and be very easy to reinstall? Thanks for the help!

Archived