LegacyGT.com

On a scale of 1 to 10

I would say it's not a bad thing. Then again I am gonna be picking up a scooped hood for my 3.0R and convert it to Ram air. I don't think that's lame. I debadged my car and am worried about people confusing it with a 2.5i. I just think the scoop really sets the car off cause it's functional and really subtle. My .02

I would say it's not a bad thing. Then again I am gonna be picking up a scooped hood for my 3.0R and convert it to Ram air.

"Ram air" only works if you are using the scoop to feed air intake. Are you rerouting the air box to the scoop?

i have an FMIC but i have the hoodscoop. am i a poser? I like the way it looks and even if there was no functional value (cooling engine bay) i think i would still have it.

goes both ways. many cars have hoodscoops that dont really do much. actually i think the mustang hoodscoop doesnt even have air inlet into the engine bay. also has a sidescoop that is blocked off with plastic.

scoops as an aesthetic mod are okay IMO. tons of cars come stock like that. scoops as a way to convert your car into something it's not such as the type R emblems... not so okay

if he didnt rebadge his car to say LGT on it i'd say he's not a TOTAL poser. maybe he likes the way it looks..

Agreed. Even toyota puts them on their trucks like the 4Runner, Rav4, etc....I can't say they look bad on them either. At least the scoops on the LGT's are recessed as opposed to sticking up real high from the hood. No offense to the WRX and STI, but I would not have bought my LGT if it had the big scoop that they have.

6 or 7.. equivalent to SRT-4 body kits on normal neons or m3 aero kits on normal 3s..

I would think its cheesy but I have seriously considered getting the jdm spec B bumper and mesh grill, not because I want people to think I have a jdm spec b, but because I think it looks better... and what kind of hippo-crite would I be to say its uber rice when I have considered the equivalent?

+1 on functional ram air kit tho. If you got it, may as well use it, but beware of water.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

(In regards to the water) Yea I haven't though it out fully yet though. I really like the hood scoop guys and I didn't want a turbo when I bought my 3.0R. As long as it's nothing extravagent like the SRT kits and all that jazz then it's not bad, but if this guy is throwing TURBO and 2.5GT badges all over the place then it gets a bit stupid. Subtle changes like the hood scoop are fine though IMO. The hood scoop on these cars is so subtle yet it changes the entire look of the car.

Yea but if I'm using the hood scoop for ram air then it would be functional. In the end though our opinions don't matter because as long as the guy has the car the way he wants it then he's happy.

It's like with my 66 mustang. Some people probably wouldn't like it because it's not original and it's restomodded with EFI and 17" Bullitt rims and 4 wheel disc brakes and a 5 spd manual tranny, but it's the way I want it and I think it's very tasteful.

true, I'd be interested to know however if that has any detremental effect on the cooling system in the car w/o the proper internals to follow it up? If anything I think it would be a benefit.. but we know when it rains water gets into our engine bay and if it werent so extremley hot in there would drip all over the components under the IC.

Ya know what tho, think about it this way.. toyota stole our hoodscope, blocked the opening with a plastic mesh-look-a-like.. and stuck it on A PICKUP! not to mention the new mustang GT has an optional NON FUNCTIONAL hood scoop that is blocked off the same way.. at least this guy's hood scoop is actually a hole.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

In the end again though to each his own. If he wants the hood scoop more power to him. Looks good on our cars and it was his personal preference. The only time I judge visual mods is when someone puts something on their car that advertises a turbo. The only people who know the turbo legacies have hood scoops is the turbo legacy owners. John Smith on the street sees it and has no idea that it designates a turbo.

Before I got into legacies and got my own I saw one on the road with a hood scoop and had assumed it was standard on every model. It wasn't until I actually started researching purchasing my car that I realized it was the turbo models. heck I didn't even know the cars were turbo till I did the research.

The only people this really offends is GT owners who see this guy, which is probably few and far between. Joe smith out there has no clue what it means.

It's when he starts making claims on the car with the 2.5GT badges or turbo stickers and all that garbage like I was saying, that he starts getting retarded and the car becomes lame.

agreed.

I dunno tho.. I do get kind of offended-ish when I see someone trying to pull off M3 on a 325i, or SRT-4 on an SXT.. even tho I dont own the cars, I know my competition :lol:

Oh I totally agree about the decals etc. I'm just saying that the body parts that are interchangible don't bother me as long as they don't advertise something else. Once again referring to my mustang, I put a shelby hood on it and shelby front valence. I'm not advertising it as a shelby though with decals etc, I just like the functional hoodscoop and opened up front radiator area. As long as I'm not puttin shelby on it or GT or anything it's good IMO cause it's visually more appealing and looks better.

Its a 9.

9.5 would be if it also has an unpainted ground effects kit. A perfect 10 for an unpainted ground effects kit with the crack in the front from bottoming out.

Its a 9.

9.5 would be if it also has an unpainted ground effects kit. A perfect 10 for an unpainted ground effects kit with the crack in the front from bottoming out.

i can think of a few worse offenses but you're entitled to your opinion :lol:

the saddest thing is that nobody makes body kits for our cars. so even if we WANTED... we couldnt

car for sale. PM me!

Archived