LegacyGT.com

7-Pax/Halifax to cost $40k!

In this [url=http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml;jsessionid=ERZYNCQGQTM22CRBAEOCFFA?type=topNews&storyID=5146036]Reuters[/url] news article it states this: [quote]Among them are plans to build and sell in the next business year a high-margin crossover vehicle priced at around $40,000 as part of its strategy of offering value-added cars to cultivate a premium brand like BMW and Volvo. It estimated sales of around 34,000 units in the 2006/07 business year.[/quote] That's steep for a Subaru if you ask me.

Not bad to me. I imagine that this would be top of the line probably with adjustable suspension, McIntosh and other doo dads. That would put it right at Acura MDX competition and a bit cheaper than the Volvo XC90. I have long believed that this 7pax will be very similar to those SUVs, though I'm constantly wrong. :D

That probably would be a good size 3.75 for the larger 7Pax XUV. I'd say if it came base with that engine, $32-35k might be more worthwhile, while a larger or forced induction version may be more worthy or pulling in that kind of dough. Supposedly Subaru's R&D department is pushing on with hybrid and diesel development as one of the execs have already has recently taken a drive in a prototype Turbo-Diesel H6. That would potentially be a good introduction provided performance is just along with the economy aspect. I'd think if it would come, it would be around the time fuel regulations hit stage 2 dropping emissions by 1/7th of their current levels in 2007.

well, with valve timing, and a more NA-tuned 3.7 (maybe we could get the redline above 6500 for a change of pace ...) I think that that, depending on size/features might get it to 40k w/ out FI. Although FI 3.0 or even 3.7 would be hoss! Japanese and Europeans like small displacement, Americans do not. With larger displacement engines in sedands these days, I still think the Leggy could stand a 3.7. Or a stronger 2.5 turbo or even a 3.0 turbo, and I know these aren't practical, and won't happen for a while. (Although a larger turbo package like the -7 motor might not be very difficult to implement in the current GT ... )

Archived