LegacyGT.com

Cobb Lowering Springs

A friend of mine installed some Cobb lowering springs on stock shocks/struts (07 Legacy GT) and were noticing the passengerside rear sits about .25" higher than the driverside. Anyone else have this issue?? I'd guess it will settle into place. Cobb said the samething. Just seeing if this is the norm.

thanks

Cobb told me that its common to have a "sag time" and its normal. I'm 100% not convinced with that claim. He's driving the car and the unsprung weight should easily "Settle" the springs ride height. BTW, it does ride nice. I may get them for my Legacy Limited N/A. It looks nicer than oem. I just don't want it to void warranty. I have 900 miles on it...Think I'll wait. Its a daily driver, not my track car.

will lowering springs really void the warranty??

Not sure about Subaru, but I know for a fact other manu's have voided warranties before various cars..

Is Cobb a certified Subi tuner?? or is STi there little "tuner division". Each oem seem to have someone doing the mod'd warranty worthy stuff.

Cobb seem to have there stuff together, but I see they do other cars too so not sure if Subi would run with them for that simple reason. I think I just answered my own question.

i believe lowering spring will void any suspension warranty's. so if you have shock, control arm, suspension bushing issues, they will most likely NOT be covered under warranty, but the powertrain should be fine.

if something goes wrong just put your stock springs back in and take it to the dealership.....i have swift springs on stock struts and they are perfectly fine. I know someone that had the swift springs on their stock struts for 18K miles and nothing happened.

-Brian

A friend of mine installed some Cobb lowering springs on stock shocks/struts (07 Legacy GT) and were noticing the passengerside rear sits about .25" higher than the driverside. Anyone else have this issue?? I'd guess it will settle into place. Cobb said the samething. Just seeing if this is the norm.

thanks

I have the same car and the same setup. They will deff settle in. Just give it time and drive the car.

• 1 year later...

I installed Cobb springs yesterday on my LGT wagon with Bilsteins and they have only given me a 3/4" drop all round. I know the Bilteins have different tophats and don't go as low as standard GT shocks, but I thought it would have gone a little lower???

How long and how much do Cobb springs settle??? I think it's a little lower this morning than what it was last night!

Archived