LegacyGT.com

Adding 4 channel amp + sub amp... LOC

MaStaMooN

Ok, so I want to add a 4 channel amp and a mono amp to my car and am trying to figure out what I need in terms of a LOC to still enable me to have full control of front/back and right/left fading.

Id guess it would be a "6-channel" LOC, but im not seeing many of those available for what normal LOC's go for in terms of price.

My 4 channel amp doesnt have RCA outs for the sub amp so I cant go that way.. my sub amp has RCA outs I could run to the 4 channel, but then I wont be able to use the fader.

I know there is the cleansweep and the alternatives.. but I plan on getting the HighlineHCA mod at some point also, so I dont wanna spend that kinda money (yes I know I could sell it, but I dont have that kinda money right now to drop either way.).

Any ideas?

I would say for right now, just put the mono amp/sub in their to hold you over until you can get the the HCA mod. I am not sure if a 6 channel LOC is the way to go. The stock stereo can only put out so much.

What kind of mid drivers/coaxials are you putting in?

I wanted to put both in at the same time, just so I have the interior apart once. This way ill have all the RCA's and everything done... when I get the HCA piece and a new radio.. it will be an easy swap.

Not sure what kinda coaxials I wanna install yet.. ive always used Pioneer or Eclipse in the past... but seems like alot of people here prefer Boston Acustics or Polk DB651's..

I wanted to put both in at the same time, just so I have the interior apart once. This way ill have all the RCA's and everything done... when I get the HCA piece and a new radio.. it will be an easy swap.

Not sure what kinda coaxials I wanna install yet.. ive always used Pioneer or Eclipse in the past... but seems like alot of people here prefer Boston Acustics or Polk DB651's..

Boston Acoustics and Polks are nice, but you can't go wrong with Pioneer Premiers or Eclipse speakers.....

I go with whatever I can find for a better deal.

Of course if you are an audiophile, it might depend on your style of listening.

Polk dbs, o yeaz.

Thats what I have...Polk db components/coaxials. I love em. Yea, hook em up to a decent amp(not necessarily powerful), and a new head unit and you are set.

Archived