LegacyGT.com

Ignition Ring Flashing...

SCSpecB

I have been known to miss stuff, but I couldn't find anything on this...Took my car to get the oil changed, gave them the button key fob and kept the "valet" key. Came back to pick up my car, used the valet key to put my stuff in the car then went in to service to pick up my other key, paperwork, etc...The red illuminated ring around my ignition now flashes constantly. Set and reset the alarm, and looked through everything the manual said pertaining to the alarm. Took it back to the dealer and they had no clue...Seems like it would be "valet mode" without the rev-limit, but if it is there should be some easy fix right? Otherwise why on earth would there be a "valet mode"????

Cliff Notes- Illumination ring around ignition flashes now, how do I make it stop?

On an aftermarket alarm, you open one door, then on the key fob you press lock, unlock, lock at the pace you would count to three seconds. I don't know if this works on factory LGTs, but just a suggestion and might be worth a shot.

lol that would be it...they reset the ECU while it was there, so I guess that is the source of the problem...I'm not gonna play with any wires tho, so I'm just gonna have to live with it for now lol...thx for finding that, just had the wrong keywords i guess...

What about the alarm light? Does it flash after you shut off the ignition and pull the key?
Yep flashes just like its supposed to, quick for 30 seconds then once every 2 seconds or so after you've locked/closed the door...The alarm still works as well...Everything seems normal except for the flashing ring of death....

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
^^^Pretty sure that is what is going on with my car at the moment. The BUI was replaced and since then, I cannot get the flashing to stop. When I remote start the car with the doors locked, no issues, but as soon as I open the doors, the alrm goes off. Looks like the didn't change the settings to "Market" and left them as "Factory". Damn dealers man, wish they would take more care when doing these kinds of things. It is such a simple thing to avoid if you just take them time to read the manual and follow it step by step.

• 6 years later...
This may shed some light, no pun intended, on the flashing ignition ring for you guys. I had the same problem, the dealer forgot to change the setting from "factory" to "market". Hope this helps.

Old post revival. I have a new-ish 2017 Subaru Impreza. Mine also has the flashing ring. The dealership had to replace the BIU a few weeks ago. They must have forgotten to switch the mode just like posted here. I'll show my service advisor.

Archived