LegacyGT.com

Help: Finding Keyless Remote Box

SpdRcrWrex

Hi,

I just purchased a salvage 05 Legacy GT. while only the body panels need to be replaced it did not come with a keyless remote.

Lucky for me, it was before the kill engine chip was put in, so i can drive the car.

what I need is to find where the keyless remote box is so that I can match up the serial numbers on the box to a new keyless remote.

I just can't seem to find it (actually i have no idea what I'm looking for :lol:)

I thought it would be under the glove box, but i just didn't see anything.

Anyone able to help? Do they make a CD style tech manual for our cars?

thanks in advance guys.

Hi,

I just purchased a salvage 05 Legacy GT. while only the body panels need to be replaced it did not come with a keyless remote.

Lucky for me, it was before the kill engine chip was put in, so i can drive the car.

All US 2005 Legacy 2.5GT models are equipped with an immobilizer.

umm

well i drove my car off the lot only using the key and I do not have the key fob that

comes with the car. any one wanna help me with that then, as i guess i'm the exception to the rule.

seriously I know i do not how it works, but i would like some help finding the keyless entry remote box so i could match the numbers and use a key fob.

umm

well i drove my car off the lot only using the key and I do not have the key fob that

comes with the car. any one wanna help me with that then, as i guess i'm the exception to the rule.

seriously I know i do not how it works, but i would like some help finding the keyless entry remote box so i could match the numbers and use a key fob.

Immobilizer chip is in the Key, not the key fob. The key fob is just the remote functions. Look up "vacation pics" and you should be able to find the body control unit in there.

umm

You don't need to find the keyless entry remote box. Instructions for registering a new remote transmitter are in the Owner's Manual chapter on Keys and Doors. If you don't have the Owner's Manual, you can register at My.Subaru.com and download a copy in .pdf format.

As mentioned above, each key has a chip, so you won't be able to create extra keys on your own. Only the dealer can register new keys with the immobilizer system.

;1886852']You don't need to find the keyless entry remote box. Instructions for registering a new remote transmitter are in the Owner's Manual chapter on Keys and Doors. If you don't have the Owner's Manual' date=' you can register at My.Subaru.com and download a copy in .pdf format.

As mentioned above, each key has a chip, so you won't be able to create extra keys on your own. Only the dealer can register new keys with the immobilizer system.

Oh yeah I forgot you can do that too. :)

Archived