LegacyGT.com

Legacy Frontal Area?

Wow, I would have paid good money to see the jaws drop on those guys.

:munch:

We were about to be done for the weekend. The two of us were lined up together all day (only one runs at a time, but there are two lines). I was trying to break 170, and he had just run 201. The organizer drives up in his truck...

official: Uh, I don't know if this makes a difference, *looks around* *gets real quiet* ...but you're 1.5mph off the steret car record.

me: *looks at EVO Mike*

Mike: *looks at me*

together: TURN UP THE BOOST!!!

There were a group of Corvette guys that would stand in a circle ~50ft away. You could tell they were talking about the EVO, all pointing and looking like their dog just died. Every once in a while, one would come over to ask a question, all disgusted looking. "It's a 2.0L?" 'What turbo??" "Stock transmission?" :lol:

I made the 170 pass, and joined the 170 club. Next up, Mike broke the street car record @202.5. It was a beautiful day. :D

lawl, thanks for the well wishes. 200 in the quarter would be pretty stiff. I'm not sure if cars with that potential can make it a whole mile. For reference, Mike's EVO was doing >150@1/4 when he did 202@1mile. I was somewhere in the 130s at the 1/4 mark. I'm not really sure, since I've never run a 1/4 with this car, and they don't time it there.

I live my life 4 quarter miles at a time, all in a row. :)

haha ok, so the frontal area question was really so you could push the limits of street cars in general. i wanna see how this turns out

Me too!

If I ever go to Bonneville, I might be willing to swap for a spec.b 6spd. If anyone wants a peppier Leggy. Current flying mile record is 221 (SRT-4 really is FaSt4R!!), and people are aiming at 240 this year.

I think the STi gearing is good enough for the mile, given the revs required for the HP. Ah, someday... after I win the lottery. ;)

Someone once said that the LGT wagon had a better Cd than the sedan... I never checked but I wouldn't be surprised if it was true.

One of those "you just got beat by a wagon" stickers would be mandatory, of course.

• 8 years later...

Wow, it let me login. Let's see if I can remember how these forum things work.

Last run was Mojave in late 2011. Tried a fancy new oiling system that didn't work out. Made one shakedown pass at 190.2. (It didn't seem that fast, I was shooting for 160.)

Then on the 2nd run, the oil filter collapsed, and the engine let go somewhere between 1/2 and 3/4 mi at ~185mph. Block, crank, rods, pistons, valves, and cams were toast. Only thing salvageable was the bare heads.

Anyone interested in an Accusump with only 2 "miles" on it?

Drove 1500 miles each way for that...

Got to see the Grand Canyon and Meteor Crater at least.

I also got a trophy for 190 accuracy class. :icon_surp

Then life, job, and free time changed drastically on Jan 1 2012.

Wow, it let me login. Let's see if I can remember how these forum things work.

Last run was Mojave in late 2011. Tried a fancy new oiling system that didn't work out. Made one shakedown pass at 190.2. (It didn't seem that fast, I was shooting for 160.)

Then on the 2nd run, the oil filter collapsed, and the engine let go somewhere between 1/2 and 3/4 mi at ~185mph. Block, crank, rods, pistons, valves, and cams were toast. Only thing salvageable was the bare heads.

Anyone interested in an Accusump with only 2 "miles" on it?

Drove 1500 miles each way for that...

Got to see the Grand Canyon and Meteor Crater at least.

I also got a trophy for 190 accuracy class. :icon_surp

Then life, job, and free time changed drastically on Jan 1 2012.

Am I reading this and the previous post correctly?

You have a Subaru STI that will run over 198+ mph. in a mile? That has to be some kind of world record.

Do you have any links, pictures, videos, details of said car?

Thanks and welcome back.

Stay Stock Stay Happy

https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1364043

Sounds pretty good. Would love to see more. Stock motor for awhile it looks like? Thats awesome.

A standing mile no less.

It's hard to believe you can get a brick to go that fast. :eek::lol:

That is not an insult in fact it's more of a compliment because there are other much more aerodymanic cars than an STI.

Too bad he couldn't have had a display on the screen showing a tach/speedo during the run.

Well done.

Stay Stock Stay Happy

Well given that he hasn't been on this forum in 6 years, at his car that we are questioning about has been not running for at least 5 of those years, and he had a big life change. It didn't seem that respectful to just blast him with a bunch of questions the first time he comes back to the forum.

Was that an incorrect assumption?

• 2 months later...

What oil filter should I avoid? lol

Canton Racing Billet Spin-On. There was very little filter material in there.

what oil filter did you use?

and what happened on jan 1 2012?

Company was bought, and job changed to 100hrs+ / wk

Quit that in 2013, and didn't have a job. Hard to fund racing.

Started new job in 2014, and travel for work. Hard to work on cars when flying around all the time.

Am I reading this and the previous post correctly?

You have a Subaru STI that will run over 198+ mph. in a mile? That has to be some kind of world record.

Not anymore. Somebody else showed up on a surprisingly nice day with a tailwind.

Too bad he couldn't have had a display on the screen showing a tach/speedo during the run.

Well done.

There is a giant tach to the left of the steering wheel. My hand is in the way most of the time, but you can see it though 6th gear.

Well given that he hasn't been on this forum in 6 years, at his car that we are questioning about has been not running for at least 5 of those years, and he had a big life change. It didn't seem that respectful to just blast him with a bunch of questions the first time he comes back to the forum.

Was that an incorrect assumption?

..and I was only on this forum back then because I was thinking about a spec.B.

..and now I've accidentally bought one.

Not anymore. Somebody else showed up on a surprisingly nice day with a tailwind.

Don't they factor in tailwinds above a certain number during record attempts?

Stay Stock Stay Happy

Don't they factor in tailwinds above a certain number during record attempts?

Not for the standing mile.

SCTA/BNA flying mile, you average with another run the next morning. For FIA certified flying mile runs, you average with a return run within an hour going the opposite direction.

It's a 2008 w/107k on the clock. Cobb Stg 2, UP, Borla exhaust. Perfect for eating up highway miles.

Swapped my 19" SSRs on it to pass inspection, and will probably buy new 18" tires for it. Plan to put the HomeLink mirror from the STi in it, as soon as I find the box it's in. Suspension could use some grease, and maybe new bushings. Going to try to keep my paws off of it after that.

Archived