LegacyGT.com

LGT.B Shifter dress-up

DrCloud

Shift knob choices for the Subaru 6MT cars are somewhat limited, because of the reverse lock-out mechanism. Still, there are some available; here's the Momo (Race AirLeather Reverse) I put in my LGT.B.

http://www.hphanson.com/LGTB/Shifter.jpg

Note that I've unsnapped the boot from around the stock "cone" that it fits on and positioned it just under the knob -- its collar is just about the same size as the base of the knob (which has the configuration needed for the reverse lock-out to work). The reverse ring itself is under the boot.

You can see that I printed a shift pattern on a clear mailing label, so my wife would have something to refer to; the silver thing in the background is a sun screen for the windshield.

Unlike the Subaru titanium knob and others I've seen here, this Momo knob is quite light -- something I like for the feel it gives to the shift process. That's clearly a matter of personal taste, so this isn't for everyone. HPH

I bought the Lathewerks STi copolymer sphere shift knob. Absolutely love it.

The copolymer (as it was expalined to me) is similar a 3M product that is similar to delrin but harder and more durable.

It isn't too hot in the summer and not too cold in the winter.

Archived