LegacyGT.com

Racing Leggies at Lime Rock 5/24

ScoopMan

did you have to remove some rubber sleeves? i installed my perrin like 2 weeks ago and that step 7 i was not seeing. if you did, do you have pics? mine fit pretty well, had to use a little force to get the turbo side bolts to align but it works

did you have to remove some rubber sleeves? i installed my perrin like 2 weeks ago and that step 7 i was not seeing. if you did, do you have pics? mine fit pretty well, had to use a little force to get the turbo side bolts to align but it works

Yeah, I removed the rubber sleeve on the boost tube end that connects to the IC. It was sorta glued on to the tube. I just worked my finger under it and eventually worked it off. I didn't bother taking the boost tube off the intake manifold though like Perrin suggested.....feeling a bit lazy :lol:. The boost tube slips over the IC nicely without the sleeve there. I really don't know what benefit there'd be though to removing the sleeve off the intake manifold end <shrug> Mine fit pretty well too, but man they aren't kidding when they say it's maximized to fit the space. Same here regarding the turbo bolts. I got one in fine and I had to push the IC to the drivers side a bit as I threaded the last bolt in. My IC is touching the BOV tube that's clipped to the backside of the intake. If that wasn't there I could have bolted it in no problems.

A Stage 1.5T map is basically a Stage 2 map, but with an TMIC added. That's what the T stands for......top mount. Anyway, that's what PDX calls it, don't ask me why. I highly recommend PDX. I had the their Stage 1 map on my car for 50K miles with zero issues and lot's of power. Their Stage 1 will put your car at 300 CHP (manual). With my Stage 1.5T I can spin the tires pretty easily. :eek:

Read more about them here:http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13536

i need to take off this intercooler and check that boost tube again. i swear to god ive put that thing on and off 6 times and i still have no freakin clue if i still have it on or not. i know my turbo was replaced 20k miles ago so im not sure if it might have been removed then. it was kind of a pain to insert it into the hose though

i need to take off this intercooler and check that boost tube again. i swear to god ive put that thing on and off 6 times and i still have no freakin clue if i still have it on or not. i know my turbo was replaced 20k miles ago so im not sure if it might have been removed then. it was kind of a pain to insert it into the hose though

I wouldn't worry about it. They have you remove it from what I can tell primarily to make the tube easier to slip over the IC. If it's been removed then all you'll see is the end of a tube with no ridges or grooves. If the sleeve is there you'll see a half inch wide ridged piece that the band clamp rests in.

My tune was e-mailed to me, no dyno tune here...I'm in RI; that would be a hell of a drive for me to go to Portland for a dyno tune :lol:;). From my experience with my Stage 1 map I doubt this one will need any tweaking. First one was perfect first go 'round. Yup, 150$ well spent in my mind.

yes i still have the rigid piece that the clamp rests in. i managed to get it in fine without taking it out although it was a bitch. i think i might do the pdx etune then. how is your 5eat holding up with the power increase?

:lol: I know how you feel Dave. Until this past weekend all MY Stage 2 parts were sitting in boxes too. Not anymore though, got the Perrin TMIC and Cobb DP in and flashed my PDX Stage 1.5T map. :spin: Just gotta figure out how to clock my turbo as the TMIC is sitting a bit cockeyed.

One of these Memorial day weekends I'm gonna make one of these races. Hopefully we can hook up then.

Hey Brian,

Are you tracking your car this year? I am tempted. This time I am better prepared, now I have some sweet Michlin Pilot Sports to replace the RE92's. Finally!!! :lol:

Hey Brian,

Are you tracking your car this year? I am tempted. This time I am better prepared, now I have some sweet Michlin Pilot Sports to replace the RE92's. Finally!!! :lol:

Hi Dave,

I want to...but have been lazy. I need someone to motivate me. My brother was gonna go and track his G35 but then his lady got preggers so now he's working on wedding plans and house projects :lol::eek: If you're seriously up for it that would certainly be motivation enough.

Sweet tires, man you're all about the handling aren't you. You'ds absolutely kill me in the twisties, all stock suspension here except the JDM RSB. How do you like the tires? They smoke those lousy RE92's. I picked up some Goodyear F1's. They are very good, especially in the wet.

Anyways, if you're interested then let me know and we can start checking dates. I heard a rumor Limerock is half day events now, don't know if that true though or not. Just a rumor I heard the track owner is making time for the club members. I guess he's selling memberships to the track, similar to belonging to a private golf club.

yes i still have the rigid piece that the clamp rests in. i managed to get it in fine without taking it out although it was a bitch. i think i might do the pdx etune then. how is your 5eat holding up with the power increase?

Transmission is fine. You're gonna like the PDX maps. :spin:

Archived