LegacyGT.com

Frozen Legacygt???

psparer

Anyone have a problem with the doors freezing consistenty during really cold (obviously) times? (Rochester, NY is ALWAYS cold).I have a 2000 Legacy GT that I bought used a few years ago (It had 34,000 miles and has about 70K) and it has always seemed to have been a problem - albeit not MAJOR problem. I had always just assumed it was due to the frameless windows.

But, it was very warm recently and when the snow melted, I noticed there was water rushing around INSIDE the car (not inside the cabin - I could hear it moving around when turning). The dealer said there I had some kind of drainage hole that was clogged up and the water could not escape. So what is with this issue that the car has with water? Just wondering if my car was in a flood or something. Oh and my trunk keyhole gets crudded up every few months so it wont turn.

With that said, I have had the car for three years and still cant stop staring at it. I am obsessed with this damn car. And that is ALL the trouble I have. Anyone else know what I am talking about or am I in a subaru induced coma/hallucination?

Also, I clean the car obsessively and wax about 4 times a summer, so its not like I run a dirty ship if that is what you were thinking.;)

Almost all paid, saving up for my 250HP bad girl.

BMW makes a product called Gummifledge thats basically a tube of some sort of silicone based jelly. You massage it into the rubber door/window gaskets, or trunk. Not only does it preserve them and prevent them from drying out, it will help prevent freezing. It's like $10-15 a tube, but one tube will last a lifetime for you and your friends cars.

BMW makes a product called Gummifledge thats basically a tube of some sort of silicone based jelly. You massage it into the rubber door/window gaskets, or trunk. Not only does it preserve them and prevent them from drying out, it will help prevent freezing. It's like $10-15 a tube, but one tube will last a lifetime for you and your friends cars.

Do you have to go to a BMW dealer for this or can i get it online?

Archived