LegacyGT.com

Disconnect safty belt chime?

Just use your seat belt and you won't have to worry about it. Isn't seat belt use mandatory where you live? I know the laws have been changing in most states to this. You also want to have your seat belt on incase you are in an accident that causes the air bag to deploy. You will receive less injuries this way.;)

Just use your seat belt and you won't have to worry about it. Isn't seat belt use mandatory where you live? I know the laws have been changing in most states to this. You also want to have your seat belt on incase you are in an accident that causes the air bag to deploy. You will receive less injuries this way.;)

The seatbelt chime is always annoying but there are plenty of situations where it's unnecessary as well. Get in the car, start it up, swap out some CDs - ding, ding, ding. Go thru a fast food line, unbuckle to get your wallet - ding, ding, ding. If you want or need a seat belt chime you're welcome to not disable it. A number of other people on this forum, including myself, find it an unwelcome intrusion into our lives and an insult to our intelligence as well.

I like it being annoying, especially when I am carrying passengers. This way I make sure they buckle up. I won't let anyone in any of my cars if they refuse to buckle up. I figure if they don't want to be responsible for their safety, why should I? The first thing I do when I get in my car is buckle up, so the dinging is no problem for me there. I also have no problem reaching my back pant's pocket to get my wallet out, without having to unbuckle my seat belt, so again no problem. Sitting in a stopped car, that isn't running, so you can change out your CDs , could get annoying with the ding going off, and it would be a pain to buckle up at this time. That point I will grant you.

I've been moving for the past couple of weeks and it has driven me all but insane... I also have 2 kids so I start the car to warm it up as I put them in there seats... it just eats at me. Ding ding ding ding ding.........ding ding ding ding ding....

To top it off I brought my car in for service the other day and the reset it... I was really happy about that...

Archived