LegacyGT.com

05-06 Stutter: A helpful tip/fix

hogmeat

I just wanted to throw this out there, as I think it could help a few people...

I've always had the typical 05/06 midrange stutter...it was never undrivable, just annoying.

I flashed to Stage 1 COBB, helped. Stage 1 TDC, helped, but still there.

Stage 2 COBB (plus hardware), still there! Stage 2 PDX, still there. Each one of these steps made it a little better, but it was still there, and still annoying.

You could reset the ECU, or reload the realtime map, and it'd help for a week, but it would always come back.

So then as part of regular maintence, I changed my oil (same as always) and put in the new AVO Hi-flow washable filter. Reset the ECU...and it was nice and smooth (plus I think I noticed a difference with the filter). Figured the studder would be back in no time...as always.

Well, it's been over a month now, and no stutter!!! I swear, I didn't think the filter would help because I was just replacing it cause the stocker was due for a change...but it has.

Not only do I notice my car being more "responsive" but it also feels a little stronger through the powerband (like barely, but still!). But, the biggest plus is of course, the midrange stutter is gone. No more hesitation at 2300-2700RPM.

Just throwing it out there, ya'll may want to try it.

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

i just installed my filter the other day and also notice a difference. i was running a k&N which i just recently cleaned and the avo filter just feels much smoother. not gonna say i gained power but it does feel better

I just wanted to throw this out there, as I think it could help a few people...

I've always had the typical 05/06 midrange stutter...it was never undrivable, just annoying.

I flashed to Stage 1 COBB, helped. Stage 1 TDC, helped, but still there.

Stage 2 COBB (plus hardware), still there! Stage 2 PDX, still there. Each one of these steps made it a little better, but it was still there, and still annoying.

You could reset the ECU, or reload the realtime map, and it'd help for a week, but it would always come back.

So then as part of regular maintence, I changed my oil (same as always) and put in the new AVO Hi-flow washable filter. Reset the ECU...and it was nice and smooth (plus I think I noticed a difference with the filter). Figured the studder would be back in no time...as always.

Well, it's been over a month now, and no stutter!!! I swear, I didn't think the filter would help because I was just replacing it cause the stocker was due for a change...but it has.

Not only do I notice my car being more "responsive" but it also feels a little stronger through the powerband (like barely, but still!). But, the biggest plus is of course, the midrange stutter is gone. No more hesitation at 2300-2700RPM.

Just throwing it out there, ya'll may want to try it.

Did you do the silencer delete on the airbox?

Yes, I did it once before...before the new filter. It made no difference at all in the stutter or performance, period. I couldn't even hear a noise increase over the Hogzaust. (In fact I notice no noise increase with the new filter either).

I have since put it back on, and am current running with it.

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

Archived