LegacyGT.com

Has anyone approached this stage of mods on their car?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QXv5og2eVI]YouTube - AMG E 55 vs Subaru Legacy GT 35 R[/ame]

This car seems similar to my cousin's Litchfield Type 25 I drove last summer in England. Does anyone have anything approaching the mods on this car? If a car is faster than an E55, it's a bloody beast.

This same video has been linked to here dozens of times. Is it really all that scandalous by now? Do people feel victimized over & over every time it's played? I hope we're all adult enough to handle its existance.

And that car isn't just faster than an E55 -- it's faster than a modded E55.

I know it's street racing and I am in no way endorsing that sort of stuff but I am speaking more to the mods of the car, rather than the stupid act of street racing. I am just wondering how well a stock LGT would hold up over time with 325-350 hp (not approaching what the above car is running) but enough to keep up with the odd M3, G35, IS 350, STI, etc on track days.

I know it's street racing and I am in no way endorsing that sort of stuff but I am speaking more to the mods of the car, rather than the stupid act of street racing. I am just wondering how well a stock LGT would hold up over time with 325-350 hp (not approaching what the above car is running) but enough to keep up with the odd M3, G35, IS 350, STI, etc on track days.

The stock LGT block and stock tranny are good for those numbers.... Anything higher, you will start forking out money for upgrades (especially in the tranny department)

YouTube - AMG E 55 vs Subaru Legacy GT 35 R

This car seems similar to my cousin's Litchfield Type 25 I drove last summer in England. Does anyone have anything approaching the mods on this car? If a car is faster than an E55, it's a bloody beast.

There are a few cars on this board that are faster than that E55....moded to boot.

So yes, if you have the $$$ you can get a fast car. BTW, I love that clip...the LGT is sooo fast.

Rehab is for quitters.

pulled 2 lenghts on an m5 :hide:. However i stopped at a reasonable speed, im not so sure on the upper top end what would have happened.
06 TB EVO IX SE stock turbo monster subaru hater :lol:

pulled 2 lenghts on an m5 :hide:. However i stopped at a reasonable speed, im not so sure on the upper top end what would have happened.

When you say upper/top end, what sort of speeds are you referring to? I am always amazed at the BMW engines' ability when it comes to acceleration from 60mph onwards.

New M5? Nice, good work!

Rehab is for quitters.

i stopped at 115, it was from about a 30mph roll. Its to unsafe past those speeds in this car with these brakes and i cant afford a ticket that bad. No it was an 02 e39 m5.
06 TB EVO IX SE stock turbo monster subaru hater :lol:

Archived