LegacyGT.com

Looking to move to Middlesex County

pathfin9

Hey guys and gals,

My wife and I are planning to move to Middlesex County. Do any of you know of any townhouses for sale, or for rent. The newer the better.

Thanks for any help!

Also, my wife is a NICU RN at Schneider's Children's Hospital in NY, if anyone knows or works at St. Peter's or Robert Wood Johnson's hospitals, any help would be very appreciated, as she's looking for a new job, hence we're trying to move to Middlesex.

Thanks again!

-John

My friends and I actually looked at a few places around the North Brunswick area a few weeks ago. We dropped by Glen at Renaissance and Renaissance Manor (www.bestrentnj.com) right off of rt 130 and about 10 minutes south of rt 1. The townhouses are very new looking and pretty spacious. There are also a few places you can look for in Somerset/Franklin (directly west of New Brunswick) for townhouses as well.

I'd try www.apartments.com, www.realtor.com, and.. err, some others. Agh! Lunch!

Awesome! Thanks for the help!

-John

My friends and I actually looked at a few places around the North Brunswick area a few weeks ago. We dropped by Glen at Renaissance and Renaissance Manor (www.bestrentnj.com) right off of rt 130 and about 10 minutes south of rt 1. The townhouses are very new looking and pretty spacious. There are also a few places you can look for in Somerset/Franklin (directly west of New Brunswick) for townhouses as well.

I'd try www.apartments.com, www.realtor.com, and.. err, some others. Agh! Lunch!

Thanks for the link, but I guess i should have made it clearer. I actually am looking to move to Middlesex County, NJ, not CT.

Thanks for the help anyways! :)

-John

Sign up at www.propertywhale.com. With any luck I'll be buying a house soon and that site has the best and most up to date listings in CT. I didn't use the realtor that runs the site so I don't know about him, but the site sure is good.

Yeah, we're looking more at Middlesex, Edison, Piscataway, and East Brunswick. No kids......yet......

-John

just stay away from plainsboro and west windsor, taxes are killer, great school district if u have kids tho

good luck with your hunt man. I've been looking for houses int he Middleses Cnty area for the past few months (homes not condos/townhouses) and prices are still pretty high. I've been noticing condos coming down a bit though so hopefully you'll land something good.

also check out north brunswick and somerset. they are both nice areas and very close to Rutgers, RWJ and St. Peters.

i have a cousin who has a real estate license but only does it on the side. if you want shoot me a PM and maybe he can run some listings for you.

doh, i just sold my condo in east brunswick a month ago

+1, just sold out of governor's pointe no. bruns; lots of relatively large townhouse/condo developments around there.

for hospitals, there is also a large one down off of rt 9 a bit south of old bridge where my sis just had her baby, really great unit and people...can't remember the name, monmouth-something maybe.

good luck w/ the move :)

just stay away from plainsboro and west windsor, taxes are killer, great school district if u have kids tho

the north ww-plainsporo high school is particularly great, windowless building to help with educational experience :rolleyes:

Thanks! Good luck to you as well.

Right now we're looking at a place called Meadow Creek in Manalapan. Really nice places, prices a kind of high, but seems like you're getting a lot for the money. $400k for a 3 bedroom 2.5 bath townhouse with full basement and 1 car attached garage. 1,929 sq. ft. Not too bad.

We just have to find my wife a job now, and see if she'd be willing to commute about 10 miles to either hospitals...we'll see what happens...

-John

good luck with your hunt man. I've been looking for houses int he Middleses Cnty area for the past few months (homes not condos/townhouses) and prices are still pretty high. I've been noticing condos coming down a bit though so hopefully you'll land something good.

also check out north brunswick and somerset. they are both nice areas and very close to Rutgers, RWJ and St. Peters.

i have a cousin who has a real estate license but only does it on the side. if you want shoot me a PM and maybe he can run some listings for you.

• 9 months later...
the north ww-plainsporo high school is particularly great, windowless building to help with educational experience :rolleyes:

my high school in morris county didn't have windows either, after the first few months it didn't really phase me at all, by the time college came around one of my lecture halls didn't have windows in it and a bunch of people were bothered by that, i didn't even realize that we didn't have windows

Guest JessterCPA
Just wanted to revive this dead thread and let the peeps know that my wife and I moved to Manalapan, NJ.

Great area!

Thanks for the help!

-John

Good luck!

Archived