LegacyGT.com

OBDII code reader, ProScan?

I’m looking to getting one because I recently had two-codes pulled due to a CEL concern. The codes are P0302 & P0304; which was misfire codes.

I recently about 2-weeks ago replaced the coil pack, spark plugs, spark plug wires and fuel filter and yet it does NOT go off.

I decided to call my local Subaru. I asked the technician if it’s suppose to clear itself. The guy said “NO” that it will not and the CEL will stay “ON” until I get it reset.

So, yea…. I am looking to getting my own OBDII code reader and I ran across the one by ProScan. Anyone here owns one? How do you like? Do you recommend it?

Thanks,

What year and model Legacy

You can read your own codes 06, 07 not sure about 08+ Legacy with out the Code reader I have to look have the print in my cars glove box, as far a reset goes just pull the battery that will do it. If you don't mind resetting your radio programs, and your clock.

^ The '05 also has a built in code reader (changed in later years). I'd link you to the page on how to get it working but.. eh, too much effort. But basically, if it's an '05, by the driverside left knee, inside the fuse panel, you can plug two wires together (I think it's the green wires? maybe the white ones), turn the car to "start" (but not on) and hold the odometer stick in. From there it'll spit out whatever codes it has in memory.

Archived