LegacyGT.com

Two years maintenance ?

As some of you may remember, I've had a terrible time getting a LGT. To compensate for their error they are offering two years maintenence.

The first non oil-change service is at 30,000 miles, correct?

So I'm thinkin this includes

7500 oil change

15,000 oil change and inspection

22,500 oil change

Any comments on if I missed anything or how much this might be worth?

-Tim

It depends on what you consider a "terrible time." This free maintenence they are giving is really peanuts for them....not to mention it was free when buying the car just a few months ago. I bought my car, then like 3-4 months later i get a call that apparently there was some paperwork i didn't sign...etc etc...basically told me it was for the free maintenence program which i qualified for but they didn't know about it when i got the car. Either way, its cheap for them.

I don't know exactly what is entailed, but first off oil change coupons are only for every 7500 miles. If you are using regular oil, thats every other oil change, for synthetic, it depends i don't know as if i would want to run 7500 before a change, even on synthetic. Either way, if i want them to use the coupons for a synthetic change, i need to supply the oil or pay them for theirs....cheap if you ask me.

Either way, i don't think you are really getting too much...

Couldn't find the car I wanted (LGT Manual RegalBlue Wagon) anywhere in my local area. The local dealers wouldn't order a car for me, just tried to sell me a different car. After a month of waiting for any place (<250 miles) to have the car I wanted, I caved in and ordered from a dealer from Portland. I just moved there from here and I had visited that dealer a few times so I felt comfortable doing it.

I ordered the car in early October. I email my salesmen, (his preferred way of contact) several times to make sure that the order went in and he didn't need anything else from me. He called me on the phone in November asking me if I wanted to buy a car from him. I told him I currently have an order with him. After a few "uhh uhh what's your name again?" he said he remembered me. A few days after that he emailed and said he had my VIN and was waiting on the shipping invoice from Subaru and expected the car within 10 days.

That was the last I heard from him. I called/emailed several times with no response. I finally called SOA early December but they wouldn't give me any other information other than my order was in and in good standing. While on the phone with me, they called my salesmen and told him to contact us to give us the details on the order.

Time goes by, no word...Call the week before Christmas, no dice. Call week after Christmas, finally got a hold of him. He never returned our calls. He says that Subaru made an error and didn't put CA Emissions equipment on the car and that he'll call back in 2 hours after he talked to SOA again...but the best he could say is that our car would be in front of the line but should take another 4-6 weeks to arrive.

A week rolls by so I call up SOA again. Getting the same, I can't give you information I asked to speak to the supervisor. When the supervisor returned my call, she confirmed the emissions snafu. She offered a 2 year maintenance plan and a few hundred off the price if I kept my order.

Thats the short version of it. I am in a quandand Santa Cruz which are too far away to take a car to for service.ry because I love the legacy but I have gotten nill for local service and this entire thing is getting ridiculous. The closest dealer I have heard good things about is Irvine

Oh yeah, did I mention that SOA said I should have received my car on Dec 1st?? grr...

I got the coupons for the 3 year plan. Based on what my dealer charges here on LI, I would think the 3 services would be worth around $100-$120. But I am supplementing my plan with 3,000 mile oil changes. My dealer charges $10.95 for labor, $1.59 for the drain plug gasket (like they really replace it), $7.45 for the 5 quarts, $9.79 for the filter, $.90 for disposal fees.

I got the coupons for the 3 year plan. Based on what my dealer charges here on LI, I would think the 3 services would be worth around $100-$120. But I am supplementing my plan with 3,000 mile oil changes. My dealer charges $10.95 for labor, $1.59 for the drain plug gasket (like they really replace it), $7.45 for the 5 quarts, $9.79 for the filter, $.90 for disposal fees.

That's a hell of a deal compared to my dealership. They want $48 for an oil change and $77 for synthetic! I laughed out loud and walked out:(

Archived