LegacyGT.com

Project GPS - How to...

Kudos to you for 1) conceiving the approach, 2) executing a really sweet looking installation and 3) producing a well-written "how-to" guide.

BTW - are you a technical writer?

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

May the force be with you...

ftp://www.quarantinemail.com/legacy_gps/GPS_Installation_Instructions.pdf

(had to put it on my server because of the file size limit).

Arnox: I first wanted to say great write up. I had a few questions.

1. Does the Roadmate 3000 display arrows when a turn is ahead? Also does it speak which way to turn?

2. Would you be willing to make the fiberglass faceplate for sale?

Thanks,

Will..

Arnox: I first wanted to say great write up. I had a few questions.

1. Does the Roadmate 3000 display arrows when a turn is ahead? Also does it speak which way to turn?

2. Would you be willing to make the fiberglass faceplate for sale?

Thanks,

Will..

Thanks Will! Now as far as your questions...

1. yes and yes. i've also tried Garmin and Navman, and this unit is my favorite.

2. sorry but it takes too long to make, and I don't have nearly enough spare time these days. There likely are smarter ways (read faster and cleaner) to make a faceplate.

chaos']awesome..! does this mean we can put in a touch screen DVD player too?

Not sure about NJ, but in MA you can't have a DVD player playing DVDs where driver can see the screen. GPSs are an exception to this.

Installing a DIN based unit should be doable, but likely more work then I went through.

hehe I see that I am not the only one that is missing the Japan Navigation system gadget... ;)

I will show my project soon also.. I been looking for some screen for the pass 5-6 weeks now.. I just order it. Toutchscreen that will fill out the complete hole.. DVD player, GPS, ...

I will make post the GPS Project Option 2 when I will receive it..

Keep up the good work .. ;) nice to see some custom project... custom is the way to be unique..

Mike Moffa

Founder / Admin

Montreal Subaru Club

http://www.montreal-subaru-club.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Arnox,

First I want to thank you for your write up. I bought a reman'd 300 about three months ago for $349 and just got my LGT this week. I held the 300 up there yesterday and figured it would fit but thought to myself "am I brave enough to start hacking?" but now I have the power!!

I can't wait to give this a shot. If you happen to have another plate already cut out, let me know. I'll buy it off you or something. Otherwise keep up the good work! Thanks. DB.

• 2 weeks later...
Arnox,

First I want to thank you for your write up. I bought a reman'd 300 about three months ago for $349 and just got my LGT this week. I held the 300 up there yesterday and figured it would fit but thought to myself "am I brave enough to start hacking?" but now I have the power!!

I can't wait to give this a shot. If you happen to have another plate already cut out, let me know. I'll buy it off you or something. Otherwise keep up the good work! Thanks. DB.

Congrats on the car and the 300! Hope both serve you well.

Unfortunately - no extra plate, but you can definitely make one yourself. It can be a fun project, just don't rush it. If you get stuck or have questions, send me an email.

May the force be with you! :-)

Archived