LegacyGT.com

TEIN Flex Coilovers

HangKen

I was wondering if I were to purchase this coilover, would it be a direct swap or do I have to take some parts off from the stock shocks to complete the install?

I am assuming that regular hand tools can and rachets are all I need to install this but correct me if I am wrong.

I'm tempted to purchase it but if I need spring compressor or some other things, I was gonna pull it off for a while.

And for the people who has it, how long did it take to install?

Hope to hear from someone!

:)

Its a direct swap with nothing else needed like compressors or other stuff. To do it right, it takes about 3hrs to set all adjustments properly. when i say do it right, i mean set spring preload and right height so that everything is perfectly even.

Why did I have a feeling that you were gonna respond to this first?!

:lol:

Thanks for the info!!

Hopefully, with this installed, I will be ready for AutoX!

Yea, welll preload and what not will be adjusted after I take it for a spin so I am hoping that the direct swap shouldn't be too long.

Hmm, my credit card is ready to get beaten! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info!

I'm gonna have to take a look at the coilover first to see where all the adjusting things are...

I never had a coilover so this is gonna be a challege...hehe

Do the people @ the allignment shop touch the adjusting part on the pillow upper ball?

I'm assuming that that controls the camber in the front, at the same time, there is no camber adjustments on the rear (I remember you telling me that I need the RCA Link)?

right. no camber adjust int he rear unless you ger adjustable rear control arms. most alignment shops will shy away from coilover height and preload adjustment which is why its best to get it as close as possible on your own before you get the car aligned. A good alignment shop will be able to make all adjustments for you but they are hard to find.

Whitetiger

Wow, I thought all allgnment place were able to do their job but I guess not huh?

Have you ever heard of Hackensack Springs?

I heard that they were good but that was just a rumor so that's why I am asking.

I'm hoping that the rear drop won't create too much camber issue so that I can get away without doing anything.

FX35B4

Thanks for your offer but I probably will stick with the FLEX.

uhh i would wait for it to settle a bit...

if you dump it immediately, in awhile it'll be slightly lower. which is usually not a good thing

car for sale. PM me!

wthey dont offer monoflex for the LGT in the usa to my knowledge

True,but you can order and inport from Japan if you have connection.

This is best priced car parts shop I can find in web.

(If you can read Japanese)

http://www.moh.co.jp/category/bitem/cateid-18_pmkid-48_itemid-180121_.html

It is about $1650

But shipping over sea may kill you.

True,but you can order and inport from Japan if you have connection.

This is best priced car parts shop I can find in web.

(If you can read Japanese)

http://www.moh.co.jp/category/bitem/cateid-18_pmkid-48_itemid-180121_.html

It is about $1650

But shipping over sea may kill you.

Yea, right now with 105 Yen Conversion, it's about $1,600 + Shipping.

I must say it is a heavy item and I would agree with whitetiger about high shipping cost.

Archived