LegacyGT.com

LGT Gone - Traded Her In - Miss Her Already!

Sargeant_002

I ended up trading the LGT for a different summer toy. I currently have a 2005 Mazda RX-8 in place of the LGT, I'm sure I'll have another Suby in a year or two, haha. Depends on how this Mazda treats me really.

I have a few small things for sale off my LGT - I didn't bother to strip the goodies off, so it's only stock stuff.

Here's my RX-8:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v697/Sargeant_002/2005%20Mazda%20RX-8/000_0173.jpg

I have the following for sale.

Stock Up Pipe

Stock Down Pipe - both pieces

Cat back exhaust available - low miles on these parts.

Stock Airbox Setup

Pictures available upon request. I'm not sure what I'm asking for prices yet. I'm looking for a local sale, pick up only. Thanks!

Brian-

where are u located

might be interested in UP/DP

PM Sent.

Was the engine replaced .

Huh!? Not to my knowledge in either car!?

my buddy loves his 94 rx7, but he has a mazdaspeed 6 as a daily driver

Those are nice!!! Both...how much is gas in CT going for these days? LOL

Brian-

Was the engine replaced .

A lot were, there was a giant massive recall on the Renesis. I sold mine just before the recall.

Enjoy the car (it's a blast to drive), you will certainly get more looks in the 8 than the LGT, but you will get worse MPG in the 8 than the LGT. :lol: Have you ever owned a rotary before?

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

PM Sent.

Those are nice!!! Both...how much is gas in CT going for these days? LOL

Brian-

prolly like 3.80-4 for premium. we are in the top 3 highest prices by states. luckily im at school in RI and pay a little less.

A lot were, there was a giant massive recall on the Renesis. I sold mine just before the recall.

Enjoy the car (it's a blast to drive), you will certainly get more looks in the 8 than the LGT, but you will get worse MPG in the 8 than the LGT. :lol: Have you ever owned a rotary before?

Really!? Why, how do I check if mine was replaced or not? If you know that is, thanks!

It really is quite fun to drive, especially when you really get on it!

I've only had one other Rotary powered car before, but not long enough or enough road time to consider that a substanstle exposure to fully understand proper care and such - got any pointers!?

I'm a little surprised I'm getting WORSE MPG then my LGT did - even at Stage II my Legacy would pull 20-22.5 consistently how I drove her - a tune up may have helped to. Hoping to find ways to up the 8's MPG consumption.

Brian-

Any chance you have the stock heat shield bracket? Mine was removed with the installation of a new DP, and the "tech" did not replace it...:mad: I also would be interested in the DP itself as I don't have a stock one to put back on if I need to for emissions.

at least with the RX7 my buddy has said its hard to find compitent mechanics to work on it. His is highly modded its pushing like 350whp

NICE!!! Yes, I'm going to search for a skilled and knowledgeable rotary mechanic. I'm hoping to do a few small modifications to my 8. I thought about something substanstle - maybe get her as quick as the LGT was! LOL - or quicker...

Any chance you have the stock heat shield bracket? Mine was removed with the installation of a new DP, and the "tech" did not replace it...:mad: I also would be interested in the DP itself as I don't have a stock one to put back on if I need to for emissions.

I will have to take a closer look at all the spare parts I have, haha. I forgot I still have the plastic skid plate from underneath to, oops! I'll let you know.

Brian-

Really!? Why, how do I check if mine was replaced or not? If you know that is, thanks!

It really is quite fun to drive, especially when you really get on it!

I've only had one other Rotary powered car before, but not long enough or enough road time to consider that a substanstle exposure to fully understand proper care and such - got any pointers!?

I'm a little surprised I'm getting WORSE MPG then my LGT did - even at Stage II my Legacy would pull 20-22.5 consistently how I drove her - a tune up may have helped to. Hoping to find ways to up the 8's MPG consumption.

Brian-

You can take it to a Mazda dealer and they should be able to run the VIN to see if the recall was carried out on your car.

My best pointer for a rotary is don't flood it (yes they can flood). You cannot start that car up, move it 10ft and then shut it down. Keep it running 5min or so before you shut it down.

You are getting worse MPG because the rotary engine burns more fuel, burns more oil, ect. It has to dump more fuel per revolution than your LGT did with 4 pistons.

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

Archived