LegacyGT.com

I've been struggling with power issues from my NA 2.5i MY07 Legacy.

Let me start by saying that I realize I don't have a turbo. I'm not looking for that level of performance. However, I do have a 2.5 liter engine, and from my experience, two-and-a-half liters of displacement is enough to create a good amount of power, even if the engine is normally aspirated and bone stock.

I'm finding that the car will sometimes be sluggish on acceleration. Oddly enough, I find that if the car is pointing slightly uphill, the sluggishness gets exaggerated.

I'm sad to say that my car is routinely out-accelerated at traffic lights by cars that have much smaller engines.

Wondering if anyone else has experienced anything similar. I hope this is just a fact of life with the NA 2.5i.

i put a COBB pulley on my 06 2.5i before i traded it in. Really, you cant tell that much difference. Unfortunatly there is not much you can do.

My mods were

COBB main pulley

Custom Intake w/ K&N filter.

COBB RSB w/ COBB endlinks.

COBB STS w/ bushings.

COBB tranny mount.

OEM struts with TEIN H techs.

ROTA Boosts w/ Bridgestone potenzas Re070s

An di know i am leaving out other stuff as well.

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

Might try removing the intake resonator - the one below the airbox. Made a slight improvement in low-end grunt in ours, at the expense of sound not compatible with the Primary Driver.

Cheap, easy, and reversible.

Oh - also reboot the ECU (disconnect the battery for 20 minutes).

06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

Archived