LegacyGT.com

Tranny fluid, royal purple

C_randyjones

• 2 weeks later...
you know that only the Amsoil ATF is better than the SOA stuff? I am a huge RP supporter and ran the oil in my LGT (probably will in the STI too), but the ATF isn't as good as the OEM stuff. In fact, even the Amsoil is only a hair better, so not worth the $$ unless you can get a good price for it. just my $.02
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

no prob. the SOA ATF fluid is actually top notch. and since I can get it at cost, I just ran that. It didn't make sense for me to pay $$$ for just a hair better on the Amsoil.

Also, if you are tracking your car and doing a lot more heavy driving than just from point A to point B, I am now aware that you should be putting 5W40 syn instead of 5W30. I should have been running this in the LGT, but until just recently was not aware of it. So, once the STI gets to that time, I'll be running 5W40 in it, just not sure what kind of oil. I've been hearing some good things about Rotella?

75w90 won't work in an AT. But, as far as 75w90, Royal Purple doesn't work so well in my BK gearbox. I wish I had gone with another brand... Royal Purple engine oil on the other hand is great for the motor.

• 1 month later...

Hoping for some help from this thread

I own a 05 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon. Has anyone used synthetic fluid in their 5EAT? I am considering using Royal Purple's Max ATF. I emailed Royal Purple and they say it meets the requirements and is compatible for the Subaru 5EAT. Has anyone used this? What has been your experience? Maybe there are some other recommendations or should I just stick with the regular stuff?

I started a thread below but haven't received any feedback...

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91630

the OEM Subaru AT fluid is synthetic. Only the Amsoil ATF is better, no one else makes a better ATF for our cars than the Amsoil. I've always used RP oils in the LGT, however not for the ATF because it actually isn't as good. Go with the OEM ATF fluid and one can of the BG Additive. :)

Archived