LegacyGT.com

Where are the Fuel Injectors on the 2.5?

Two on each side on top of the cylinder head (actually inserted into the intake manifold just where it connects to the cylinder head). Each injector is connected to a pipe of about 10mm in diameter that runs above the spark plugs.

On engines with individual throttles for each cylinder the injectors are in the throttle housing on the vacuum side near the cylinder head.

In any case they are on the outside regardless of type of intake manifold.

Only exception I can think of is if you have a SPFI engine, but I really doubt that you have. They were something that were a replacement for the carburetor and usually had some quirks - and I haven't seen any reference to SPFI in any later car documentations.

I suggest that you buy yourself a Haynes book to start with, number 89101. It's a good starter but it doesn't tell you everything. For the rest, it's provided on a need to know basis on this site! ;)

453747.png

Ehsnils - Thank you for taking the time and telling me where they are located it. On these boxer engines they just seem to be so different then say my wifes, Mazda6. At least now I know where to look. I do plan to buy a manual for the near future, but I am still waiting on my "FREE MONEY for G. BUSHY" to afford it ;)

Archived