LegacyGT.com

08 2.5i Auto - won't start in park

82DMC12

Hey guys,

I'm going to take my car to the dealer next week to see what's happening, but I thought I'd see if anyone else has had this problem.

Today as I came into a parking space, I stopped and tried to put the car in park. It would not easily go in, but I am much smarter than someone to try and force it, so I put the shifter through the other positions a couple times, then backed up, and pulled into another space, where the shifter finally went in smoothly.

When I came back out to my car, I found the car will not start in park. The light that usually comes on next to the "P" on the dash will not illuminate in the park position either. I can hear the safety-solenoid clicking when I move the shifter from side to side in the park slot. The car will start just fine in neutral.

I did notice that the dash lights and radio black-out while the key is turned, as if the car knows it is supposed to start, but it is not doing anything - no ignition, no starter, nothing.

Anyone else have this problem? We had a freak snow storm today and I have been driving through a lot of slush. Could something have been knocked loose?

Andy

Archived