LegacyGT.com

Help me decide guys

okay i really dont know much about subaru but im getting a new car and one of the cars i was looking at was a 05 legacy gt.

do you guys really love this car or what?

i heard with $600 in mods you can add the missing sti hp- is that true?

The other cars i was looking at were TL and a Altima SE-R

also is the automatic tranny good or is the 5 spd the better of the two?

and spec b is what?

im trying to figure out if this car is a detuned sti and if so can i tune it to be as powerful?

thanks for all the future help!

welcome to the boards. there's an FAQ out there somewhere.

use the search button.

but to be helpful

1. yes

2. depends? you could make even more on 600 dollars.

3. those cars dont hold a candle to the LGT if you're in this for performance.

4. auto tranny saps power, u need more modifications if you add lots of power to keep the auto tranny healthy. personally so long as my left leg is in working condition i will not drive an automatic.

5. spec B is like the sti version. sort of. highlights are 6 speed transmission versus 5spd, a navi system, and jazzed up interior. there are others. i cant remember cuz they're not that important.

6. the turbo is different, injectors, a few other things. my legacy makes around 400 crank hp. so if you throw money into your car like i did you can make it more powerful than an sti by a lot.

btw if you are cross shopping the LGT and sti, they are different enough such that a test drive will solve your inability to decide.

car for sale. PM me!

The reason the Spec B is called a Spec "B" is because of the upgraded suspension by Bilstein. Essentially, you've got lightweight control arms and Bilstein shocks. I haven't driven a LGT and a Shrek side by side - but I've heard the suspension upgrade is very nice.

Same engine and turbo in the shrek as in the LGT.

Let's see, what's the proper response here.....

SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH

Honestly though, yes, these cars are awesome and lawl says it rather well, the Acura and Nissan won't hold a candle to the LGT's. Unless of course you want to attract kids in Neons and Civics to try to race you. The LGT's are like polarized magnets for those guys. I would race someone at every stoplight (and prolly beat 90% of them) if I could, but nobody thinks the cars got anything to it and I just take off lookin like an ass.

The Acura and Nissan are both good cars but you're lookin at FWD (Front Wheel Drive) on both those cars. I'm not a huge fan of AWD, but I'll never drive another front driver.

cool . thanks for answering the quick questions i had. I will do some serious searching on this car. It seems like such a sleeper. can anyone point me in the right direction as to how to make such an increase in power like the sti?

And should i worry about anything with the esarlier models like the 05 and 06?

is there anything to really check out when shopping for a used 05 06?

thanks for the welcoming and i hope this car is everything i think it is!

cool . thanks for answering the quick questions i had. I will do some serious searching on this car. It seems like such a sleeper. can anyone point me in the right direction as to how to make such an increase in power like the sti?

And should i worry about anything with the esarlier models like the 05 and 06?

is there anything to really check out when shopping for a used 05 06?

thanks for the welcoming and i hope this car is everything i think it is!

find one that's never been modified. because if problems occur everyone knows what it is.

if there were mystery mods before causing headaches it'll be much harder to resolve. (as in you cant solve it over the internet)

i got my 05 used with quite a bit of miles (53k) a year ago. the only problems i had was the 05 fan relay recall and misfire caused by a bad injector. both of these problems were discussed to death on the forums. other common problems are too. you're in good hands here.

these cars are pretty rare, but dont go buying the first one you see. have some patience and make sure everything is in good shape before proceeding.

have you test driven an LGT yet? you should before you do any more research.

car for sale. PM me!

^ 08 vs 05.....Mostly styling differences, and a smaller turbo that puts out about the same power.

If your cost conscious, get an 05 with less than 50K miles. These cars are good cars for the money. I am on my second Legacy. I had an 06 Legacy GT sedan before. Its AWD performance that I like the most. Handling, acceleration, etc....

Archived