LegacyGT.com

Q re compressing the spring bolts connecting the stock mid to the DP

SC GT

How the hell do you do it? I did it once before by pressing REALLY REALLY hard, but it was a bitch to do. I'd be willing to buy a tool to do it for me very easily rather than try that again. How do you guys do it?

My friend who owns a Mazdaspeed3 had the same type of bolts. Those things were a bitch to get back on! We ended up cutting off part of the springs so make them shorter.....Metal Cutting wheel FTMFW!

CHEATER! :lol:

Are you using all stock exhaust pipes? If so, that's when its at its easiest. My two aftermarket pipes at that connection requires quite a bit of thumb strength to get the nuts threaded onto the stock bolts and springs, but I'm able to do it w/o any special tools. Perhaps your bolts are shorter.
ignore him, he'll go away.

Are you using all stock exhaust pipes? If so, that's when its at its easiest. My two aftermarket pipes at that connection requires quite a bit of thumb strength to get the nuts threaded onto the stock bolts and springs, but I'm able to do it w/o any special tools. Perhaps your bolts are shorter.

The last time I tried it was to connect an aftermarket DP to a Perrin Y. Now that I will be back to stock and stock, maybe it won't be as difficult as the last time. Was just hoping there was an easier way that I wasn't aware of.

Archived