LegacyGT.com

Tein

Chapel

I'm a BIG fan of Tein suspensions. My friend has Tein Flex with 8kg fronts and 7kg rears and EDFC in his STi and its awesome. I noticed that Tein doesnt have any suspension for the older Legacies but I was wondering if the Impreza suspension works in them? Im hoping to get Tein Flex or Tein Type HAs with EDFC for my BattleWagon

Try [url=www.boxer4racing.com]Boxer4Racing[/url], as they may have the best information on the Tein systems and older legs. It can be found for older models specifically on [url=http://home.att.net/~teaguesauto/suspension.htm]this page[/url] of theirs. :)

• 1 month later...
[quote name='Chapel']I'm a BIG fan of Tein suspensions. My friend has Tein Flex with 8kg fronts and 7kg rears and EDFC in his STi and its awesome. I noticed that Tein doesnt have any suspension for the older Legacies but I was wondering if the Impreza suspension works in them? Im hoping to get Tein Flex or Tein Type HAs with EDFC for my BattleWagon[/quote] Tein has suspensions for the older legacies only problem is if its too old model they no longer manufacture so must check ex-stock...no-more than no choice.. Tein has a wide variety of coilovers.....so you need to check their site [url]http://www.tein.co.jp/indexe.html[/url] EA EA

Chapel, those are some prodigious spring rates. I was running Tein HAs on my '98 Leggy GT wagon, with rates of 450/375 and let me tell you, the ride absolutely sucked on Chicago's rutted, potholed roads. The handling was great when the road was smooth, but having backseaters heads hitting the headliner over bumps got a little old. :lol: Conversely, I drove a WRX wagon with some Tein Type Wagons that was quite nice. Softer spring rates, though. Coilovers are overrated as a mod, take it from a guy who's tried 'em. This goes without saying, but be careful with spring rates, damping settings, etc. It's very easy to completely screw up a car's handling, not to mention the NVH factor. Kevin

[quote name='gtguy']Chapel, those are some prodigious spring rates. I was running Tein HAs on my '98 Leggy GT wagon, with rates of 450/375 and let me tell you, the ride absolutely sucked on Chicago's rutted, potholed roads. The handling was great when the road was smooth, but having backseaters heads hitting the headliner over bumps got a little old. :lol: Conversely, I drove a WRX wagon with some Tein Type Wagons that was quite nice. Softer spring rates, though. Coilovers are overrated as a mod, take it from a guy who's tried 'em. This goes without saying, but be careful with spring rates, damping settings, etc. It's very easy to completely screw up a car's handling, not to mention the NVH factor. Kevin[/quote] Hi Kevin, Think its in the tuning....I used Tein HAs on my VR4 previously....do note that HAs are originally designed for track use. As such recommended settings which came with the manual is for track! Follow that and you will suffer on normal streets. On the street I retuned it myself to my likeing..well its quite accomodating as it has 22 settings (Damping) and fully height adjustable. The main springs are also interchangeable so I run softer ones when not on track. My newborn was not complaining .... even on long trips up cross country. Foy my legacy, I'll be fitting the Super Wagon as I find the Flex too expensive. (The super Wagon though for BP5 will fit BL5 (sedan) no problem). Cheers! EA

• 2 months later...
I dont know much about the brand really but they are certainly sponsoring a lot of cars out there to get noticed. I have also heard that they back their product fully with trained tech which has to be a good thing too. Adam.

Archived