LegacyGT.com

Anyone change instrument panel lights?

dfalk

Has anyone ever changed the interior lights of their car? Im talking about the lights for the window switch, power mirrors, heat/ac controls etc. I like the red but would much rather have blue? I searched a little on here and didnt find much. Once I get my Haynes manual i think im going to give it a shot.

More so of a...nobody hass done it becuase its way too much work, and money could be spend better in other places...Exhaust system components, Accessport, Tires, Rims...intercoolers...So on and so forth.

I switched the lights in my window and dash switches in my older vw (from green to red LEDs). Maybe it was a sign that I was destined for a subaru in the future lol :lol:

It was pretty easy depending on how good you are at soldering. I really don't know how these bulbs/switches are setup but would be curious to see pix if you attempted it!

It was pretty easy depending on how good you are at soldering. I really don't know how these bulbs/switches are setup but would be curious to see pix if you attempted it!

My soldering skills are excellent (im an electronic technician) so that wont be a problem. Anyways im going to attempt this. Im gonna tear the dash apart and see what im working with, then order some bulbs/leds. These next 2 weekends im busy, then I want to install my HID kit first. After that ill try, but ill be sure to keep you guys updated.

Archived