LegacyGT.com

dealer working on my LGT 05 for 2 days+...

dan_m

The front left radiator fan of my car won't shut off and the dealer is clueless what could be causing the problem. Basically what happens is that the fan turns on as soon as I start the car, but other times it takes a couple of minutes to do so, but the end result is always the same- once it starts it never turns off. I initially brought my car in to get checked last week as soon as I noticed the problem and the dealer worked on it the entire afternoon. Once he realized he couldn't resolve the issue he called Subaru Canada for guidance and told me to come back thursday of this week. Well thursday I did and they worked on the car the whole day and then I get a call asking me if they could keep it Friday and I told them ok. Friday PM I get another call asking me if they could keep it the entire weekend because the car was too far dismantled for me to get it back on time.... grrrrr....well now I'm left wondering whether they really know what they're doing and what condition my car is in or what'll it'll look like when I get it back ( if ever ).... this is so sad =(

Subaru Canada told them they couldn't help them because this is not a known issue with the car and so they are left on their own trying to fix it. What do guys think I should do? They'll have another go at it on Monday- the tech guy told they're verifying part by part as they go along but I'm not sure whether this is best way to proceed.

I hate it when people are messing with my car and treating it like a guinea pig. Should I go to another Subie dealer? What should I do? I was wondering if any of you Legacy owners have had a similar problem that was recently resolved and please let me know what the fix is so that I can help these guys out- my subie hangs in the balance... =(

if iw as the mechanic. not that this story will help u in any way. i would check the outputs from the temp sensors. yeah there my be 2 of em. one for the ecu and instrament cluster and one for the fans. or one for the ecu and fans one for the cluster. i would also consider swaping ecus from one car to another... jsut to test with a known good component. id also check relays

all wireing

etc etc.

Yeah. Sometime techs' troubleshooting skills are not quite up to par. If you can point them right to the problem, then they can "part swap", otherwise if could take awhile. Do what you feel comfortable with. If too much time pass with little or no progress, then you might want to consider taking your car elsewhere. (I'm not bashing techs, sometimes the issue is not easy to resolve.)
:orly:YA RLY!!! Home of +2500 useless posts!!!!

Archived