LegacyGT.com

SUV Pix

Hey all,

I went to the Richmond Car Show last night, and while as a whole the show was pretty lame, they did have the new Scoob SUV. I would refer to it by name, but I don't see a point in learning any more about a truck that hideous (IMHO).

Anyways, here's the pix:

http://filebox.vt.edu/users/cliss/images/scoob_suv_front.JPG

http://filebox.vt.edu/users/cliss/images/scoob_suv_side.JPG

Subaru was also one of the only sections with a "booth babe", who was gorgeous. Before you give me hell asking for pix, don't bother--there are none.

Also of interest to me (as I'm new to Subaru) was noting that the STi had an IC Water Sprayer. I had no idea those were available. Now if only they had a puller fan.... :lol:

-Casey

Guest *Jedimaster*
It has Legacy mirrors? I saw a magazine pic of it and it looke dlike the dash vents and glove box door are off the Legacy too. Am I late to the party with these observations? I haven't been following the threads on this monstrosity.

Guest *Jedimaster*
JM, the car is based on the Legacy's chassis. What shame :(.

Ah, that makes sense then. Too bad Subaru resorted to parts bin rapeage, a la General Motors.

the scariest part of all is that Subaru folks are saying this SUV styling represents the "future look" for Subarus. makes me damn glad I bought an LGT with the "old look". what were the designers smokin?

does anyone else see some Lexus RX330 SUV in the profile? not a bad model to steal from.

i'm not sure what your saying.....

what I read is that Subaru wants to "brand" that front end grill. kinda like Jaguar or BMW does with a common theme across the vehicles. I just can't imagine that cheese grater ever looking at home on a Legacy, WRX, or anything decent.

The B9 looks alright in the interior (they rarely botch up interiors), the exterior is decent from about 3 sides, I just can't stand the front. My best coparison about styling for me is if you think about the Toyota Sienna and the Honda Odysseys (yes, I know they're minivans and this is an SUV, just using styling for comparison), I think the B9 is very Sienna-ish (my dad fully agrees after seeing pics of the B9 and seeing a lot of Siennas in our area), which is a bad thing IMO as I'd much prefer the bit more aggressively styled Odyssey personally.

The Baja may have real hard time with sales now that the Honda Ridgeline is out and I hope it forces Subaru to either make their version of the Ridgeline (which has all the capabilities the Baja should have had from square 1) or just plain drop the Baja like a bad habbit.

And is it just me or does Subaru seem to take their design ques from Toyota rather often, I'm thinking Corolla-Bugeyes, Sienna-B9, and there seem to be a lot of similar design ques in most of their headlamps to most of ours. That's just my observation anyhow.

Archived