LegacyGT.com

4 year ownership coming up for the 05 GTs...anyone smog at stage2 yet?

Vsick

Living in Sac, and here is what I am doing...

http://www.thepostaldepot.com/mail.html

So do you register your car in NV? No problems driving in Sac with NV plates? How about your driver's license -- wouldn't it be a problem if you get pulled over and your drivers lic address doesn't match your NV registration...?

This would be great for my SR20DET-engined 240sx if it works !

So do you register your car in NV? No problems driving in Sac with NV plates? How about your driver's license -- wouldn't it be a problem if you get pulled over and your drivers lic address doesn't match your NV registration...?

This would be great for my SR20DET-engined 240sx if it works !

Its also extremely illegal if you're a resident of the state of CA.

only illegal if you get caught.

Well, they're far more concerned with not getting the taxes than the SMOG stuff, so its enforced more heavily.

CA DMV has a system to rat out drivers who aren't running CA plates. Its a huge revenue issue for them, though mainly with Oregon cars.

Well, they're far more concerned with not getting the taxes than the SMOG stuff, so its enforced more heavily.

CA DMV has a system to rat out drivers who aren't running CA plates. Its a huge revenue issue for them, though mainly with Oregon cars.

but if you incorporate in nevada and the company owns the car you get full faith and credit regardless of where you personally reside.

"i like my women the way i like terrorists...

...screaming gods name and ready to explode."

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/5479/troy3nu5.jpg

but if you incorporate in nevada and the company owns the car you get full faith and credit regardless of where you personally reside.

Maybe (There's very specific rules about commercial vehicle registration, even at the federal level, though I'm not an expert in this area)

However, he's talking about simply getting a mailbox across the border while still being a resident, which is 100% illegal.

Maybe (There's very specific rules about commercial vehicle registration, even at the federal level, though I'm not an expert in this area)

However, he's talking about simply getting a mailbox across the border while still being a resident, which is 100% illegal.

Actually, to be entirely correct I have an LLC registered in Nevada, so...yeah. :p

I should have been more specific.

meh it doesnt matter anyway.... im planning to incorporate in nevada so i can register the car there and then not get tickets for tint anymore

Make sure you do it outside of Washoe or Clark county.

We have to smog every year. Currently its just an OBDII plug with no visual and no sniffer, but I've heard the checks are getting more stringent every year. And supposedly next year, ECUs with certain checks turned off will fail, which is how the AP Stage 2 operates if you are catless.

You see, I don't see why you bother with NV when you can get a post office in certain counties and be smog free.

CA DMV (and CHP) only really cares if they get their tax money, so they're looking for people running the wrong state plates. CA plates are invisible and they can't tell if its in amador county (and if you live in Sacramento, even running your tags won't get them much, who's to say you don't have a long ass commute?)

You see, I don't see why you bother with NV when you can get a post office in certain counties and be smog free.

CA DMV (and CHP) only really cares if they get their tax money, so they're looking for people running the wrong state plates. CA plates are invisible and they can't tell if its in amador county (and if you live in Sacramento, even running your tags won't get them much, who's to say you don't have a long ass commute?)

untrue... i ran my hawaii plates for 6months in cali...no problems...;) i had more problems when i ran my cali plates

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

untrue... i ran my hawaii plates for 6months in cali...no problems...;) i had more problems when i ran my cali plates

They're not looking for HI plates.

They're looking for OR, NV, and AZ. If i returned with MN plates, i don't think I'd have many issues either.

They're not looking for HI plates.

They're looking for OR, NV, and AZ. If i returned with MN plates, i don't think I'd have many issues either.

That would be silly to look for OR, NV, or AZ plates...because you will see lots of them by virtue of how close they are...

That would be silly to look for OR, NV, or AZ plates...because you will see lots of them by virtue of how close they are...

The police notice these people because they see them pass the same speed trap every weekday for a month.

That or the neighbors notice the car parked out front and rat you out (though that could happen with all plates, some are more likely to be invesitaged, esp OR due to the tax situation)

The police notice these people because they see them pass the same speed trap every weekday for a month.

That or the neighbors notice the car parked out front and rat you out (though that could happen with all plates, some are more likely to be investigated, esp OR due to the tax situation)

they see 1000s of cars an hour and they are going to remember one? plus... the popo dont lie in wait at the same spot each time... then everyone knows they are there and slowdown

"i like my women the way i like terrorists...

...screaming gods name and ready to explode."

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/5479/troy3nu5.jpg

they see 1000s of cars an hour and they are going to remember one? plus... the popo dont lie in wait at the same spot each time... then everyone knows they are there and slowdown

I know a lot of officers (prosecutor), and they do exactly this. You would be shocked what they remember, esp when it is a modified car. They're not looking for people with the wrong plates, but they notice the same modified car with out of state plates that they see frequently.

This is much, much more common in suburban police depts.

I'm not saying you WILL get busted. I'm saying you might, and the state gets pissed when it loses tax money.

Archived