LegacyGT.com

08 Legacy wood trim interior replacement

Soda Popinski

Tomorrow I will work on taking the pieces off the dash and what not. If the car is operable w/o them, then I'll send them to you, and you do the same.

How's that sound?

Sounds good. But, just like someone said above, if the door handle is part of an assembly... and the plastic wooden part doesn't come off, conceivably we can swap handles too... But I don't know how easy they come off. My last car, you just unscrewed a few screws and pulled it around and off the actual handle, which stayed behind mechanicaly.

Let's see how easy the trim panels come off first!

• 2 weeks later...

I will add my two cents here. My car came with the wood grain from a GT...apparently a good customer of the dealership and a girl (probably hot) did not like the woodgrain and so the dealership swapped the woodgrain out the silver in my Legacy Touring Package and replaced it with the woodgrain.

I asked the Service Manager how he did it....well he said all the bottom parts of the dash come off and then he swapped the complete door panels....including the upgraded speakers that are a part of the GT...I am glad he did the swap...it really looks nice...and it is only touring package wagon with woodgrain.

• 1 year later...

I cant believe anyone wants the wood over silver I know the silver is not brushed aluminum but the wood really looks cheap/fake.

Not trying to offend anyone just suprised me to see this thread

• 2 years later...

Found this thread in a search.. I've been gathering information about putting a "piano black" finish on the wood grain trim. I have an '08 OBP lgt with black leather int and tinted windows- goin for the blacked out look. The brown wood trim is nice- but to me, it doesn't go with the theme I'm going for.

Any ideas or comments about piano black 'wood grain' trim?

Archived