LegacyGT.com

As I add ingredients to Fondue pot: "What are you making?"

Brady

My sister's friend had a birthday/wine party last night, so I figured I'd try to help her out a little and bring over a fondue. Fondue was great, but it killed me that everyone kept asking "what are you making?" Let's see ... umm, I have a fondue pot, I'm melting cheese ... what could it possibly be?!

But since everyone raved about it, I'll share up the recipe which was easy, and fairly quick.

I started off with about 1 Cup of dry White Wine in the pot, then I stirred in 3 Tablespoons of Flour, 2 cloves of Fresh Garlic - finely minced, 1/2 teaspoon of Ground White Pepper.

I heated that and stirred constantly until it thickened (really quickly) in the fondue pot (electric one - indicated about 300 degrees on the dial). Then I slowly added 1/2 lb grated Gruyere cheese and about 1/2 lb (10 oz) grated Baby Swiss cheese. Stir in a zig zag motion to prevent balling of the cheese as it melts. Once all cheese is melted, slowly add a splash at a time of white wine until the desired consistency is achieved.

For bread, I just cut a full loaf of crusty French Bread in 3 equal strips lengthwise, then halved them lengthwise also, and then cut them into cubes.

That's it. Pretty easy, and very tasty. It's great to have with wine to absorb the alcohol. ;)

I never could get into the fondue thing. I guess it doesn't help that I'm lactose intolerant :lol:
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

• 9 months later...
I never could get into the fondue thing. I guess it doesn't help that I'm lactose intolerant :lol:

:lol: No one likes a whiner! ;)

I'm making this again tonight, which is why I'm bumping a nearly year old thread.

Is that like frumunda cheese

Mmmmmm Mancheese

:lol::lol:

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

My advice from then still stands :lol:

I thought about it ... but it's already really good, and I was having ladies over for dinner, so no reason to mess with a good thing.

I'll be tempted to try it another time though!

Archived