LegacyGT.com

2.5i, will there be a 3.0R?

Sounds cool Kaiser. A good deal of the new models seem to be transitioning to the plastic/composite manifolds to save on tooling cost and weight. Not a bad deal. Let us know how the H6 is with a manual if you get a chance to drive it. :cool:

Funnily enough, I initially went in there to get information on the manual GT, which was only released in Australia last month. They didn't have any in stock yet ... Imagine my surprise when they told me there was an Artic White Pearl 3.0R Spec-B sitting on the floor. Even more interesting is the fact that the Spec-B model is going to be $2,000 AUD cheaper than a 2 Litre GT. I find it interesting that a vehicle equipped with the EZ-30 with AVCS and a 6-Speed manual that probably costs more to build than a GT equipped with an EJ-207 and a weaker 5-Speed, yet is priced at a lower level. Of course, over here the base model WRX is approximately $2,500 AUD more expensive than the Forester XT, even though the Forester is mechanically superior. Go figure. Still, a back to back comparison is definitely on the cards in the near future, even if the availability of the Spec-B has most likely changed my plans... :)

It sort of annoys me when you go into Docklands, talk to alllllll the guys there and when u mention these cars, they look at you strange. To be honest, Im happy Ive waited for the MT version and looks like I may be rewarded for it. Who knows whatelse they dont apparently know about!

BTW Kaiser, welcome to the board as well, great to see so many Melbourne based ppl getting onboard and thanks so much for the information, I will be talking to my contacts there asap to find out which crack this information was leaked out of. All the best....

Archived