LegacyGT.com

scratched rims, i searched not much came up

mmanus88

beginners luck, scraped the outter part of my piaa sport mesh, 18 inch hyperblack rims on a curve while doing some ghetto parking. i don't beleive it is terrible, and thankfully i don't beleive any damage was done to the "prongs." a schoolmate of mine tells me u can jsut go to any autobody and ask for "stuff" (i think he ment cleaning or paint of some sort). do any of oyu have a solution for this? i am not too pissed off (thank God i did not opt for the BBS rims :)) but i would like it taken care of. my car is very new and i don't the rims looking bad :cool:

so any suggestions about a good (hopefully) quick, and fairly inexspensive fix would be great.

mike

G'Day...........

Yes this can be a serious PITA when this happens. You may be able to go to a RIM shop and get some gunk that might help the marks but if its scratched back to the alloy, well you may have to get the whole rim re done. If its not too bad, TRUST ME, in a few weeks you will forget about it.

RIM RASH is something that is here to stay, you just have to manage it and if its real bad, it may have to go to the shop for a total rejob. Trust me, Ive done it a few times myself, same RIM thankfully but I was gutted.

Let us know how you go.

All the best with it, but dont stress to much, its no biggy and I hearya RE THE BBS RIMS.

Adam.

ok sounds good. i do think its scratched back to the alloy (its rougha nd sandy crap right??) i'll forget about it for now. but the next time i get scratches i'll just get the rims redone. thanks for the input. any reccomendations towards that "goo" stuff on the net btw? may improve conditions.

Hey your welcome for the advice.

I would just get a rim cleaner from your local carshop. Just read the back and see which one sounds the best. Personally I only use hot soapy water and a sponge, that usually does the trick but Im sure they are some great products out there.

If you want to get the RIM redone as in fixed and repainted, I got mine done here in Oz for about US175.

Adam.

Archived