LegacyGT.com

Illumination Lighting problem

chriskan

Hi Guys,

Thought I'd post up here to see if anyone had any ideas. Just before the easter long weekend, the illumination lighting (interior) in my 07 Lib died. it was strange. A couple of days earlier it blew the illum fuse, which I replaced and all was good. A couple of days later the lights went again, but this time the fuse was intact...

Anyway booked it into Subaru who suspect the illumn dimmer switch, which was replaced yesterday and problem still existed. Basically, when you turn the parkers or headlights on, no red lights on the switches or stereo. BUT when you turn the headlights off to the off position, the interior lights flicker quickly. The dimmer switch is also behaving strangely, it doesn't "dim" progressively anymore, but rather it's at full brightness or at full "dimmed" position.. nothing in between - this only dims the dash or the LCD screens on the stereo & clock. The dash btw dims correctly.

Yesterday Subaru GW in Victoria, Aus (who have been great, trying to fix this) suspected it was the head unit and got new one in. I just got a call to say that didn't fix it either....

with my limited electronics background, I always suspected it was the dimmer switch, but since that didn't fix it.. I dont know!? I thought I'd post up here and see if anyone else experienced similar issues or had some idea as to what it could be.. coz Subaru are still looking!

Cheers

Archived