LegacyGT.com

Need a car cover for 1 year usage

Hi guys. I need a car cover that I'll use to keep my car covered outdoors in my parents' driveway for about a year.

I live in SoCal so I'm thinking lots of sun protection and some wind/rain protection.

I'm sorry that I had to make this new post but I've had a tough time searching the forums for car cover threads and also carcoverstore.com is no longer there.

I own a 2005 Legacy GT with spoiler and sunroof.

Anything you guys recommend?

Thanks!

I don't know which one in particular you should get, but I can tell you that this is where you are likely to find the best option.

Whatever you do, don't cheap out on this one. I kid you not that if you go cheap and get some $60 car cover then you are going to regret it and it will cost you way more in repairing the damage. Get one that will breathe and protect. Pay what you need to pay to protect your car. This is one of the most expensive and most valuable things you have ever bought likely, so protect it. Get the best product you can find that will last you forever.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

There are several different types of car covers, but they could be broken into indoor types and outdoor types. An outdoor cover takes rain and moisture as well as wind, other cars nearby, and dust into consideration. An indoor car cover is going to be little more than a fitted bedsheet. Use something like that outdoors and it won't last long.

The kind of damage that a car cover can cause can be anything from rub marks where it slides on the car due to poor fit, moisture can be trapped underneath and cause mold to grow on the car, or there could be dirt and dust under it and the moisture can cause the paint to stain or etch, dust can get through the cover and then as the cover shifts it sands the paint right off the car at some points, and a dozen other danagers. That is why the right cover is essential. If the car is going to be outdoors in a humid environment then you would need a different cover than if it were to be parked in a garage or in a dry environement. I'm not an expert as far as which one is best, but I do understand the need for a high quality one when you go out shopping. I've seen the damage that those shitty AutoZone car covers can do to a car. Don't trust something like your twenty or thirty thousand dollar car to a cheap piece of canvas from AutoZone. I wouldn't bury my dog wrapped in one of those things.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Archived