LegacyGT.com

self service

just past 30,000miles on my wifes 06 lgt wagon 5eat, called a few dealerships in the area to get prices on service got 475 to 540 not including taxes ect ect, sounds like alot for alot of "inspecting" so i figured i'll get all the stuff needed and do it myself on my next free saturday..... so any recommondations on what kind/type of fluids to use, actually what all has to be done, oil and fliter....... coolant( special subaru coolant and conditioners????) rotate tires, clean air filter, new brake fluid, does the rear differential and automatic transmission fluid need to be changed and if so is oem fluids good is there anything better whats the best? spark plugs gapped cleaned, new ones leave them alone??

gonna take the car in to get the tranny flushed, i figure why drain out a quart or 2 of old fluid and leave in the rest of the old stuff.... there is a service place near here that does the flush and uses BG Synthetic ATF, should i have them use that or oem subaru fluid? and does the rear diff need to be flushed or just drained and filled

All that really needs to be done..

Oil change

Rotate tires

Change Transmission fluid

Change coolant

Change brake fluid

Adjust emergency brake

Multi point inspection

I know some dealers charge as low as $375 for that service but it also depends on if they are drain and filling fluids or flushing them.

[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

Archived