LegacyGT.com

'05 LGT making machine-gun noise on deceleration

If you want to check your front bar, I would look at the bushings. Perhaps even, get a grease gun and use the provided bar nipples on the bushings to get some grease in there. My cobbs came with 2 tubes of white grease to slather on it before I tightened up the poly bushings. The stock bushings are rubber... maybe it just needs some grease? Did your bar come with poly bushings?

Be careful when working under the car. Get the thing up on jack stands, first of all, then make sure you have 2 chocks for the rear tires, set the ebrake and it's in park.

IIRC, when I had to take the bolts out to change the bushings (2 of them) I had to use my hydrolic floor jack under the front dif because if you don't support it it will fall down about 4 inches or more when you take that last bolt out.

Take off the plastic engine underbody tray. Then take off the 10 bolts for that X-shaped metal guard (forget the name). Now you can see your front bar easily. The key here is to make sure your differential in the front (or rear if you check those too) doesn't fall if you take the bar off, etc. You don't want to lift the car by the diff, but you definately want to support it. Believe me, you won't be able to one-hand lift the diff and put bolts back in on your own.

A good grease gun with some quality chassis grease won't hurt to have around the garrage/shop. The bushings on aftermarket (atleast COBB had them) have a metal nipple to attach the grease gun to. Maybe that popping is just an ungreased rod moving slightly?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, the sways did come with a fair amount of grease, and they are urethane bushings. I do hear a bit a "squeaking" when going over several bumps and even that is very minimal, but how would that explain the clicking not being there when im on the gas? Like I said, it seems to be related to the gas pedal whether im in gear or not, and speed does not seem to be a factor.

I am planning on taking a look though this weekend. thanks for the reply and suggestions, it is much appreciated.

Whenever I lift my foot off the gas and let the engine wind down while slowing down, or right after I downshift slowing down (yes, 5M), I'm getting a rapid pop-pop-pop-pop-pop noise.

You sure you don't drive a flying SRT-4??? Because thats normal and "Cool" if it were a SRT-4.

You sure you don't drive a flying SRT-4??? Because thats normal and "Cool" if it were a SRT-4.

LOL, ouch. I pulled up next to a kid in a Civic EX with clear tailights and a fart can last night, and looked at him. He was all happy and stuff driving until I pulled a little ahead of him, then slowed down. When he drove by he had the longest face I've ever seen.

He was like :) :) :) :) :eek::redface::mad:

I Lolled.

Archived