LegacyGT.com

Give Me My Cd's

SO IM DRIVING....THE CD"S ARE PLAYING...SAME CD"S THAT WERE IN THERE FOR A WHILE ALREADY....I HIT 6 I BELIEVE TO CHANGE THE CD AND THE CD FUNCTIONS FROZE.........EVERYTHING WORKS BUT THE CD's....CAN"T EJECT, SWITCH CD'S, NOTHING....RADIO AND EVERYTHING ELSE WORKS FINE...EVERYTHING BUT CD PLAYER....HELP!

Why are you yelling at us, go to the dealer. Actually though in the LS430 twice I got CDs stuck while trying to eject and I put some duct tape on the end of a ruler stuck it in the CD player and freed the CD and the changer worked again. However I don't actually suggest you do this ha.

Song of Post- Bob Marley- Burnin' and Lootin'

'05 Black Legacy GT Wagon 5-spd

'02 Topaz/Black 330Ci 5-spd

Drift Ryder's School of Rally Arts, coming to an Australia near you.

Ok, have you tried to turn off the car including the CD System, then with the car off, press the CD eject button, if you have a CD in the dash...

This should reset the system has done for me in the past.......

R u using the normal Subaru System of the McIntosh ?

Adam.

tried everything and nothing worked....the manual said that if the air outside is moist or its raining it will cause the cd player to malfunction sometimes....and its been like that so i'll just wait a few days to dry up.

Did you buy any chance have a homemade paper label on it? If you did it could heat up enough that the label can seperate from the cd and get jammed in the mechanism. If this is what happened just take it to the dealer, dont say anything about what kinda of cd it was, and theyll order you a new one. Dealers wont take the hvac/radio apart they send it away and just have a new one shipped in.

Guest *Jedimaster*

Definitely don't take it apart yourself! I took one apart one time and there's all these little springs holding things together- they sort of popped off and went all over the place :rolleyes:

I'm sure it's common for someone who works on stereos a lot.

No problems concerning that with my GT I only have 5600 miles on it so far though.. Now my WRX was a another story... I had to take it to the dealer 3 times for the exact same problem...each time they'd order me a new CD player/ radio...a whole new head unit beacuse its all in one and I'd take it there for the day for the replacement... I do play a lot of home made burnt CD's so I dont know if this had anything to do with it but as I recall each time it froze up there was a burnt cd playing at the time or I was attempting to play one.

i actually had a sticker lable on it so maybe thats what happened...
Possibly... It's not recommended using stick-on labels in any kind of internal cd player.

I've been using magical markers the last few years. Use labels @ your own risk.

Possibly... It's not recommended using stick-on labels in any kind of internal cd player.

I've been using magical markers the last few years. Use labels @ your own risk.

Magical marker!!! where can I get one of those? Do you play Dungeons and Dragons?

LoL..... Just messin with you man....

Guest *Jedimaster*
Magical marker!!! where can I get one of those? Do you play Dungeons and Dragons?

Lightning Bolt Lightning Bolt!!!

What the heck is dungeon and dragon? Is that on the x-box?

If I did play it, for the record, I never inhaled...:offtopic::p:confused:

tried everything and nothing worked....the manual said that if the air outside is moist or its raining it will cause the cd player to malfunction sometimes....and its been like that so i'll just wait a few days to dry up.

holy crap, the manual really says that if it is raining out the cd player might malfunction?

:confused: :confused: :confused::lol:

-Hatt

2005 Obsidian Black Legacy GT 5MT Un-Limited Sedan

Archived