LegacyGT.com

Anyone from HI bought their Subaru from Servco?

BigTicket

Hey guys, been looking to purchase a new car soon. Tried out a Legacy and I do like it but now that Subaru has been taken over by Servco I know that they are notorious for not negotiating prices. Wondering if any of you have purchased one from Servco and if you were happy with the whole buying experience. I like the idea of not having to negotiate but I also like it when I am able to get some "free stuff" thrown into the deal. Your comments are much appreciated.

My gf bought her legacy from Servco. They're very corporate, meaning that you get what everyone else would get.

As far as dealing with salespeople, it's as laid back as possible. You can ask questions, leave--pretty much like buying a cd player.

I think she's pretty happy. She got a deal because the car was on the lot for awhile.

I don't think they're notorious in a bad way. But the idea of getting 2k knocked off for a piece of bird crap on the car ain't gonna happen.

It's pretty much a "we're fair; there's the sticker price and options, let us know when you're ready."

I think because of their pricing policy, it's easier to give them your budget and have them pick an option package or tell you what you can get.

They're very good at yes or no questions.

I just purchased my 08 gt maybe a month ago. I was very pleased with the buying experience (maybe I'm biased cause I'm friends with the salesman). But you are right negotiating is tough with them. It's either you gonna pay or you ain't. I did get free all weather mats though, dunno if it was due to me being friends with the salesman or not. My only gripe is how they detailed my car, shatty shatty job.

Thanks for the input guys. Probably gonna check it out again before I decide if I wanna buy it or not. If I can get them to throw in some all weather mats though I'll buy it on the spot. :lol: Seriously though I think that is the most I can get out of them. We'll see how it goes.

You will always get a good deal on a mainland purchase. In 2006 i bought a car from waialae subaru it was an lgt demo. Got a great price. Servco did not want to bring in my current car, 2008 legacy 3.0R, so i went through carr subaru in beaverton, or. They even shipped the car to me included in the price. It was less than what servco could get me on anything either in inventory, on the lot, or any model that they "carry". So it was a no-brainer for me. No-hassle internet sales FTW!

But if you can't wait, I'd say go get a car here on the lot. All cars in Hawaii are gonna be expensive be it a honda, mitsubishi, subaru, etc. But if you are willing to search, you will find exactly what you want on mainland inventory. Good luck.

You will always get a good deal on a mainland purchase. In 2006 i bought a car from waialae subaru it was an lgt demo. Got a great price. Servco did not want to bring in my current car, 2008 legacy 3.0R, so i went through carr subaru in beaverton, or. They even shipped the car to me included in the price. It was less than what servco could get me on anything either in inventory, on the lot, or any model that they "carry". So it was a no-brainer for me. No-hassle internet sales FTW!

But if you can't wait, I'd say go get a car here on the lot. All cars in Hawaii are gonna be expensive be it a honda, mitsubishi, subaru, etc. But if you are willing to search, you will find exactly what you want on mainland inventory. Good luck.

That's pretty cool. I'm thinking of putting my STI up for sale and getting a Forester XT in the near future.

What did you use as your method of payment? And did you do the whole deal via email or did you actually call the guy?

I know Abakja bought his from the mainland as well.

That's pretty cool. I'm thinking of putting my STI up for sale and getting a Forester XT in the near future.

What did you use as your method of payment? And did you do the whole deal via email or did you actually call the guy?

I know Abakja bought his from the mainland as well.

Yeah Abakja bought his car from seattle, wa. I think we both did the same thing as far as payment. I sent the dealer a cashier's check (bank draft), in a postage paid mailer box. I gotta say I am pleased with my service, and would definitely do it again! Some other guy with a black LGT wagon also ordered their car from washington, and shipped to HI.

Reid-O, see you this sunday on the cruise!

i purchased my car from servco subaru but i cant comment on the price because i work for servco. i gotta say the detail job was probably one of the worst ive seen...well my car anyways. but the salesman there are pretty cool. one of them has a 07 LGT but i forget his name.

Archived