LegacyGT.com

I can't lock my doors without the factory alarm going off. Please help me!

It was fine for 9 days since I got my 99 LGT. It has the factory alarm. The Suby tech I got it from said that he'd "reprogrammed" the alarm b/c it was going off randomly, even with the key in the ignition. I suspect he had to do that on a regular basis.

I locked my doors (manually) just now and about 5-10 seconds later the alarm went off. Dang that thing is loud! So I disarmed it with the key fob and locked the doors with the fob in hopes that was the trouble. Nope, still honked at me.

I want to disable it permanently. How would I go about this? I googled and found that on a 97 you can locate a green/light blue wire behind the drivers side kick panel and ground it (it said splice to a ground). I don't want to try that just yet unless I know it's the same procedure with the 99.

Also, is this thing going to go off about 3am? If there's any chance of that, I'll pull the battery ground before I go to bed.

Thanks a million.

How worn out is your remote? Mine was pretty worn out and I had problems with it going off like 1 min after I set it. I replaced my remote with a new one and havent had any issues.

Are you having any other electrical issues?

Actually, sometimes I have to hit the buttons 4 times then other times it works on the first try. I'm planning on getting a new one but I didn't think that would be the cause of this particular problem.

I think the trunk wasn't closed all the way when this happened. I went to open it the next morning and it didn't click like normal when I turned the key. That's something else that needs to happen more than once (closing the trunk). I tried to adjust the latch but it still needs to be pushed fairly forcefully to actually close. Yesterday I was driving and noticed it bouncing up and down. When I close it I always pull up on it to make sure it's latched so I think the latch is just barely grabbing. I guess I'll re-re-adjust it.

No other electrical issues.

Thanks for the help baker. :)

Hmm thats weird, but then the security system on these cars are. My '96 LGT you had to hit unlock on the remote in order to start the car. My '99 well its almost as weird. One would think that the using the key would disable the alarm, but it doesnt. My brother's Impreza chirped randomly, that was weird.

But yes, the alarm on this car is very very loud.

Actually, sometimes I have to hit the buttons 4 times then other times it works on the first try. I'm planning on getting a new one but I didn't think that would be the cause of this particular problem.

Yep had that issue to with the warn remote. Was fixed with new one too.

• 2 weeks later...
I just got a 97 LGT that was built with keyless entry and alarm. All I got with the car was one door key. The wires to the alarm siren have been cut and there are some cut under the dash. Is the system tied in together that you have to have the alarm working to use the keyless entry?

Archived