LegacyGT.com

Help, Pulsating humming/vibration coming from the front end...

Most of the time when I am traveling at 45mph and faster, I get this pulsating humming/vibration noise that sounds like its coming from the front end. It is not constant, it pulses. When it does it, I can feel the vibration in my gas pedal, its just a very slight vibration, but I can feel it. Some times when it is doing it, I will turn my wheel slightly left and it seems to make quieter/stops it. I was thinking it was a wheel bearing, but don't they generally squeak when on their way out?

I was also thinking that it could maybe be one of my front axles. The only other thing I can think of would be my tires being out of balance.

Anyone have any experience with this noise?

I had the same thumping sound when cornering at speeds of 40 - 60 mph. I thought it was unbalanced tires or unaligned wheels but my local mechanic performed both jobs and the problem still persisted. He took another look at the front end area and said it was unlubricated wheel bearings. I replaced both front bearings and the noise is gone.

I am pretty aware of the wheel bearing issues with the LGT's. I'm just trying to narrow it down to see if maybe that isn't the case. My symptoms don't completely sound like wheel bearing symptoms, although I'm not saying that isn't the problem..

I had something similar. I assumed it was the wheels bearings, but the trouble was in fact worn/warped brake rotors and stuck brake pads.

I hope this is the case. My pads and rotors all the way around look pretty beat. I have brand new OEM rotors and Hawk HPS pads in the mail. I hope to have those all on this weekend. If that doesn't change things, I will start looking into new wheel bearings.

I had the same thumping sound when cornering at speeds of 40 - 60 mph. I thought it was unbalanced tires or unaligned wheels but my local mechanic performed both jobs and the problem still persisted. He took another look at the front end area and said it was unlubricated wheel bearings. I replaced both front bearings and the noise is gone.

How much did it run you for parts/labor to have them both replaced?

Archived